• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Meat or trophy deer?

Well there are plenty of huge bucks taken in Georgia each year, much less the entire Eastern US. This one was killed last season in Sylvester, Georgia (Worth County). 22 points, 230 inches. A monster anywhere you hunt.

View attachment 219468

That would be 11 points sir. Only on the east coast do you count both sides. ;)

What was the weight?

That would be 11 points sir. Only on the east coast do you count both sides. ;)

What was the weight?

Are you from Canada? I know back in the day they only counted one side, not so much these days.

The deer weighed around 260 pounds. Pretty big no matter where you are from. And I have seen lots of deer from Ga. with bigger bodies.

This deer is exceptional, I admit, but there are plenty of great bucks in the East and Georgia is easily the best state in the SE for trophy bucks.

I admit I'm a trophy hunter. More meat on them anyway. I always take 2-3 does during the season also.

Sorry to quote myself but I will say that if I did not save my vacation time every year for deer season and time was more of an issue I would definitely take meat over waiting it out for a big buck.

Are you from Canada? I know back in the day they only counted one side, not so much these days. The deer weighed around 260 pounds. Pretty big no matter where you are from. And I have seen lots of deer from Ga. with bigger bodies. This deer is exceptional, I admit, but there are plenty of great bucks in the East and Georgia is easily the best state in the SE for trophy bucks.
Born and raised in northern New Mexico. Grew up hunting Rocky Mountain Mule Deer and Rocky Mountain Elk. Kinda makes it had to get go excited about eastern whitetail.

Early is for meat as they eat better (spikes are best). They have to be nice or bad genes for me to kill a buck once Nov gets here and they turn gamey. Primary hunting spot is QDM county, so that makes it tough to shoot little bucks.

I hunt for Trophy deer only.I can kill meat off my back porch.It took me yrs of trial and error to learn how to patrern big bucks and theres nothing like trying to out smart ole Mossy Horns!!

Back
Top Bottom