• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mec Shot Shell bundle value?

Mike P

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
21   0
Reaction score
I bought a Dillon RL550b from a coworker yesterday on a smokin deal and as part of the deal which I didn't need or really want he gave me an old Mec 500 Junior and everything he had to go with it.

I don't know squat about shot shell loaders so I'm posting this here to get some sort of estimated value of all this.

In the two big boxes there's two layers of hulls plus the white bag of hulls behind them and the small box of hulls in front of them, there's about 30 to 40 pounds of shot, 4-500 wads, 200 primers and of course the Mec which is a little rough but works and appears to be in a salvageable condition with a little work. There's a small box of parts next to the Mec that go with it.

If I were to sell all this as a bundle what would it possibly be worth to someone? :confused:

100_0278.jpg
100_0279.jpg
100_0280.jpg
100_0281.jpg

Thanks In advance for any replies.:cool:

Mike, I'd venture it's worth about $100 to $125. The shot is the most valuable asset, as it goes for about $40 to $50 per 25lb bag these days. Hulls and wads are cheap. A Mec in that condition isn't worth a lot, but somebody can put some elbow grease into cleaning it up and it will probably work fine. But it's going to need a lot of time with a wire brush. :)

I bought a MEC super 600 in the same condition as yours last year I paid $40 at a yard sale, but I wanted a progressive and I knew I could clean it up. I completely stripped it and dipped all the chrome parts in a acid bath to eat the rust off, then I dipped them in a bath of baking soda and rinsed them in fresh water and clear coat painted them after they dried. I cleaned and painted all the other painted parts their original color. The wife was mad I didn't take before and after pics it came out so well, it looks new. I wouldn't waste my time with a single stage press so I can't even put a value on it. What you got with the press is worth far more than the press itself.

I have to agree, I'd be interested in the $75-100 range if I drove to meet you. I can use the shot and supplies, but I'd have to put some serious work into restoring the press before I could expect to use it. Shoot me a PM if you'd like to make a deal.

Back
Top Bottom