• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Med supplies

On a related note, if you aren't a member of the CVS club, sign up. I get a coupon for anywhere from 30-40% off one item or my whole order every week. Often times, the website offers free shipping. I spend a little every week and have been stocking up on my med supplies. I've bought five of the Adventure Medical trauma kits with Quik Clot from them over the past few months, along with a ton of gauze, wound care kits, and other medical gear. It's a great way to build your stash a little at a time and at a discount. They have a bunch of the Adventure Medical kits online as well. I've bought several to keep in the cars, my GHB, and my EDC bag.

1st, they are great for bullet holes, short term
2nd, I have 3 women in my house. Long term
Other thing is, we moved to my bug out location. I have 20acres, goats, a large creek and a well. If something happened, most of my close friends and family would come here.
Not knocking yah, I just see the tampon thing often and none of my instructors, when brought up, suggest it.

On a related note, if you aren't a member of the CVS club, sign up. I get a coupon for anywhere from 30-40% off one item or my whole order every week. Often times, the website offers free shipping. I spend a little every week and have been stocking up on my med supplies. I've bought five of the Adventure Medical trauma kits with Quik Clot from them over the past few months, along with a ton of gauze, wound care kits, and other medical gear. It's a great way to build your stash a little at a time and at a discount. They have a bunch of the Adventure Medical kits online as well. I've bought several to keep in the cars, my GHB, and my EDC bag.
Nice

That is exactly my point why monitor a number...? With fluid loss or Hypoperfusion you will not have High Blood pressure....

My statement being you can't control high or low BP, I know fluid loss doesn't contribute to high BP.

You made a statement discounting the pulse oximeter but not one discounting the bp cuff and stethoscope. Both result in numbers, both contribute to a set of vitals.

Why not monitor for a baseline vital to give first responders? If youre on scene longer, why not check vitals to assess if the patient is getting better or worse? You don't need monitoring supplies in a standard boo boo kit, but there's nothing wrong with having one in a BLS bag. What's your angle?

Edit; I'm not some all knowing parigod or rescue Randy, but I'm not understanding where you're coming from discounting at the least gathering vitals after initial care and assessment

My statement being you can't control high or low BP, I know fluid loss doesn't contribute to high BP.

You made a statement discounting the pulse oximeter but not one discounting the bp cuff and stethoscope. Both result in numbers, both contribute to a set of vitals.

Why not monitor for a baseline vital to give first responders? If youre on scene longer, why not check vitals to assess if the patient is getting better or worse? You don't need monitoring supplies in a standard boo boo kit, but there's nothing wrong with having one in a BLS bag. What's your angle?

Edit; I'm not some all knowing parigod or rescue Randy, but I'm not understanding where you're coming from discounting at the least gathering vitals after initial care and assessment

Because when you guys bring anyone into the ER we really don’t take your word on anything. My team is assessing Breath sounds, BP, running large bore IV’s.. Pushing fluids..

Immediately looking for trauma and assessing damage, be it Thoracic, Abdominal or any extremities.

So what you do on an ambulance and what you do in person should be 2 different things....

Lastly if you have a stethoscope and determine absent breath sounds in the field what do you do next when you aren’t in an ambulance....?

Absolutely nothing.. So what good is it to you? Most likely a pneumothorax. How do you treat that?

Start with this for your bug in spot......

https://majorsurplus.com/military-battalion-first-aid-kit.html

Add lots otc meds and anything else you deem important. Moleskin, anti diarrhea, endless etc. The problem isnt stocking med supplies it's that most wont have the skills to use them properly. Add ifaks you add stuff to in every bag and vehicle. Get training. Stock what you know how to use. Add a med professional to your group and delegate to the knowledgeable person.

Because when you guys bring anyone into the ER we really don’t take your word on anything. My team is assessing Breath sounds, BP, running large bore IV’s.. Pushing fluids..

Immediately looking for trauma and assessing damage, be it Thoracic, Abdominal or any extremities.

So what you do on an ambulance and what you do in person should be 2 different things....

Lastly if you have a stethoscope and determine absent breath sounds in the field what do you do next when you aren’t in an ambulance....?

Absolutely nothing.. So what good is it to you? Most likely a pneumothorax. How do you treat that?

So you reassess vitals once they get into the ER? You're supposed to do that aren't you? To make sure your patient isn't circling the drain right?

I'm not suggesting anything outlandish for treatment or care, so the basic stuff I do on a truck, I can do in person. Basic trauma. I've not suggested anything invasive

You can relay that information to the next level of care.

If you can't treat it, you can relay that to someone who can. Just because you review the patients vitals and reassess doesn't mean everyone does. By your statement, all you see ambulances as are taxis. If that's what your experience is, I'm sorry, but the trucks do good work. Pre hospital care works man.

Back
Top Bottom