• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Members only wants to deal over the phone!!

Do you confirm deal in a message on here first

• No I only call don’t want paper trail

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I know of an older man who is on here who insists upon a phone call and he explained why when I called him. He wants to hear and chat with the individual before selling a weapon to someone who just doesn't "sound right" to him. It's his way of doing things and He's a good man to do business with.

totally understand

this was why I spent time and effort explaining to this member and even showed them the link to the house rules
Policy about it

still he refuse to message on here , so I did text him three times and he didn’t reply to those per his request
He wanted me text first as he don’t answer random calls
He didn’t reply to text or call me

them replies on here he sees a red flag with me

NO SIR I see red flag with YOU !!
Amazing how some people say they want to do business, then do everything they can to deter people from doing business with them.

I know of an older man who is on here who insists upon a phone call and he explained why when I called him. He wants to hear and chat with the individual before selling a weapon to someone who just doesn't "sound right" to him. It's his way of doing things and He's a good man to do business with.
Probably not who you are talking about, but that's me.

You don't have time for a 5 minute ph. call, I don't have time to unload several hundred dollars.

I know millennials think actual telephone conversations are "so 20th century" and to that I say "screw you,"

I just don't get it. Who cares how you communicate as long as everything is confirmed in a pm.

Because before I take the time to drive an hour, or take off from work to meet someone locally, I want to make a judgment about the likelihood of the OP showing up and performing as promised.

Sort of like not making eye contact in a FTF, if you don't want to take a few minutes to chat about the deal, then maybe there's a reason for that.

All that said, for established traders, it's not such a big deal.

I once (early in 2010) had a member call me and he sounded so much like Jeff Spicoli I had to hit the mute button I was laughing so hard.

Back
Top Bottom