• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Memphis BBQ

rOmiLaYu

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
245   0
Reaction score
So....I've been in Memphis now for almost a week and eaten at several spots to try this heralded "Memphis BBQ" that everyone seems to hold in such high regard....aaaaaaand I have to say, it's OK. Nothing special. There's a sorghum, molasses hint to the sauces that is unique but in terms of proteins and preparations....it's not worth the drive and hassle of fighting the rolling gun fights and absolutely ****e Street conditions.

Here for two more days. Been to Stax and Beale Street. Anything else I "have to see" before I leave Mogadishu Jr.?

So....I've been in Memphis now for almost a week and eaten at several spots to try this heralded "Memphis BBQ" that everyone seems to hold in such high regard....aaaaaaand I have to say, it's OK. Nothing special. There's a sorghum, molasses hint to the sauces that is unique but in terms of proteins and preparations....it's not worth the drive and hassle of fighting the rolling gun fights and absolutely ****e Street conditions.

Here for two more days. Been to Stax and Beale Street. Anything else I "have to see" before I leave Mogadishu Jr.?

Man I had the exact same experience! Went to several of the Memphis joints and was not impressed - UNTIL a guy I trust told me about Commissary BBQ in Germantown. It's worth a visit if you have time. (Save yourself and stay far away from Rendezvous BBQ, its nothing but ribs grilled on a damn Weber)

Man I had the exact same experience! Went to several of the Memphis joints and was not impressed - UNTIL a guy I trust told me about Commissary BBQ in Germantown. It's worth a visit if you have time. (Save yourself and stay far away from Rendezvous BBQ, its nothing but ribs grilled on a damn Weber)

Commissary was excellent. Was there for work a couple years ago, that's one of the places the locals took us.

Back
Top Bottom