• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Meprolight sux

cmshoot

Marines Icon
Staff member
197   0
Reaction score
Was issued a new P229 recently. Some have Meprolight sights, some Trijicons......mine has Meprolights. Soon after I got it, the front sight quit glowing. It was glowing over the weekend, and on Monday it wasn't.

Called Meprolight about getting a replacement. Only way to get a free one was to send the messed up one back. That wasn't gonna work.....I kinda need a front sight. So I had to pay for one. They cut me a discount on the sight, but it still irked me.

Got the new one in and then mailed them the ****ty old one so I'd have a spare. Good thing that I did because a five months later the replacement front sight went out.

I swapped it with my spare front sight and ordered a set of Trijicon sights. I'll never use Meprolight again.

Finally had a Ameriglo Pro Glo front sight come apart while shooting at the range a couple weeks ago. The tritium vial came out and separated from the front sight and the orange ring separated from the vial. Called Ameriglo which is here in the Metro area by the way, and they sent me a replacement out. My sight was probably 5 years old. Never had that happen to any sight but Ameriglo Warranty took care of it. The pistol has had around 5,000 rounds thru her. The guy at Warranty asked me to email him a picture of what the sight looked like from the shooters view. Didn't even say I had to send it back. Picture was good enough....

Meprolight sights are just not good. Every set I've used had issues of some kind. I never dealt with their CS as I just replaced them.

Been back and forth on meprolights, but have never pulled the trigger always ended up with Trijicon or the last set I bought was XS big dots. Thanks for the info OP, sounds like I went the right direction on sight choices

Back
Top Bottom