• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

MG owners. Ever had the law called on you for automatic fire?

In my case with the belt-fed-- we didn't know how to contact the few neighbors within a mile or so. But we certainly would call the SO before doing it again on that or any other property. We may have been the dicks that day-- but won't ever be again. Lesson learned-- I don't want the cops wasting their time, or showing up with ARs at port arms... They were cool about it though. Looked at the paperwork, yelled at us for not calling them first, gave us business cards, then asked if they could borrow it for a few hours. : )

They would not take us up on offers to shoot it. I got the feeling that was considered like a bribe or something.

Ah, there's nothing quite like cleaning up your brass with a shovel.

Lesson learned-- I don't want the cops wasting their time, or showing up with ARs at port arms... They were cool about it though. Looked at the paperwork, yelled at us for not calling them first, gave us business cards, then asked if they could borrow it for a few hours. : )
This bothers me. Don't take this as a reflection on you kuduman, but why is this response "cool?" LE shows up at low ready, over stepping their bounds in requesting paperwork, and then presume that you need their "permission" (call us first)? I'm typically pro-LEO, but I would be hacked off had that happened to me.

This bothers me. Don't take this as a reflection on you kuduman, but why is this response "cool?" LE shows up at low ready, over stepping their bounds in requesting paperwork, and then presume that you need their "permission" (call us first)? I'm typically pro-LEO, but I would be hacked off had that happened to me.
Believe it or not there are lots of cops that ain't very familiar with Class 3 goodies and NFA regs. This is especially true with the metro city cops like the former City Of Macon PD. Lots of Democrat officers there that don't know Tec 9s from real Uzi's . So a lot of them would just assume e its illegal.
As a related side not that's why Iwhen I saw the Raptor gripped 14" Non NFA Mossberg thread I commented that if you intend to carry that thing with you anywhere you probably better keep the copy of the ATF letter with you. Not everyone is up to speed on this kind of stuff. Probably half the cops that stopped you with it would either detain you or wanna see your stamp for it. Or both...

This would be because we are obligated to determine what the situation is, a complaint was called in and it is LEOs job to determine if everything is ok. We don't just show up because we had nothing better to do. As for low ready...... would you show up to speak to someone shooting without being ready if something were to happen. That would be dumb.

This would be because we are obligated to determine what the situation is, a complaint was called in and it is LEOs job to determine if everything is ok. We don't just show up because we had nothing better to do. As for low ready...... would you show up to speak to someone shooting without being ready if something were to happen. That would be dumb.
I guess I assume that someone shooting an MG in broad daylight, on their own property, is probably a law abiding citizen. For whatever it's worth, I've been either shooting or accompanying someone shooting an MG on three different occasions, once in SC, twice in GA when LE was called...never were they at low ready nor did they ever ask for any paperwork.

If someone was out just shooting targets with a mg, I do not believe I would be inclinded to show up with weapons drawn. Seems like it could be taken the wrong way by said individual holding a mg and end badly for everyone. I am with Romi in assuming people are doing things legally unless there is proof pointing to something different. But what do I know, I am not LE.

Back
Top Bottom