• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Miata - sell me your feminine car

The only big difference in NASA and SCCA are the tires. NASA runs Toyos (which kind of suck for grip) and SCCA runs Hoosiers, while they don't last as long, provide better grip.

yah the hoosiers feel much better when you throw a set on. Will love to see a build thread when you find yourself one! and like I'd said I'd start with NASA and compete in their HPDE as after a few of these your actually eliable for wheel to wheel racing and that's where the real fun starts. SCCA officers wheel to wheel as well but im pretty sure with them you have to get a racing license which is about as much money as the car will be if you do it at road Atlanta. Also when looking it will be hard to notice but ask about oil burning, rings get stuck pretty commonly and will start to run through a ton of oil, had one that ran with zero issues but that sucker would burn though a quart of oil a week till we rebuilt it. lucky for you one of the biggest thing that effects Miata pricing is a clean body which you wont be looking for so im sure you can still find a great candidate for under 2k. Check mx5atlanta there are always a couple guys selling theirs and there are tons of good build threads for spec and ghettocette (my next project) builds

yah the hoosiers feel much better when you throw a set on. Will love to see a build thread when you find yourself one! and like I'd said I'd start with NASA and compete in their HPDE as after a few of these your actually eliable for wheel to wheel racing and that's where the real fun starts. SCCA officers wheel to wheel as well but im pretty sure with them you have to get a racing license which is about as much money as the car will be if you do it at road Atlanta. Also when looking it will be hard to notice but ask about oil burning, rings get stuck pretty commonly and will start to run through a ton of oil, had one that ran with zero issues but that sucker would burn though a quart of oil a week till we rebuilt it. lucky for you one of the biggest thing that effects Miata pricing is a clean body which you wont be looking for so im sure you can still find a great candidate for under 2k. Check mx5atlanta there are always a couple guys selling theirs and there are tons of good build threads for spec and ghettocette (my next project) builds
I have a friend selling a Rossini motor for crazy cheap. That's why I am not too worried about the motor. SCCA is more prominent in this area and I don't think they require a license? Would have to check.

I have a friend selling a Rossini motor for crazy cheap. That's why I am not too worried about the motor. SCCA is more prominent in this area and I don't think they require a license? Would have to check.

you lucky dog!! that should make for a killer set up. SCCA only requires it for wheel to wheel, if your just looking to do autocross with time trails your good and don't need anything.

Back
Top Bottom