• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Miata - sell me your feminine car

Check MX5atlanta.com. Sometimes cheap ones come up for sale on there. And no, I will not ever sell my 10th Anniversary supercharged Miata.

I dont know man, possibly everything according to everyone I talk too...

I did a track day a spec version a couple months ago, and I really want to get one.
No dude that's Minis. THOSE are gay cars. When I saw the ad heading I assumed you were gonna go Miata racing. You know they have their own circuit. And when you need parts goto PlanetMiata.com.

No dude that's Minis. THOSE are gay cars. When I saw the ad heading I assumed you were gonna go Miata racing. You know they have their own circuit. And when you need parts goto PlanetMiata.com.

I'd agree 100000% on the mini part, at least the new ones. I've been in an original and it was pretty fun little go kart but the new ones arnt exactly "mini" plus the reason they were so popular in the past is they were so damn simple anyone could do about any repair on one. the new ones are just bmw's that have been crammed into a smaller package and there isn't anything simple about them anymore.

I'd agree 100000% on the mini part, at least the new ones. I've been in an original and it was pretty fun little go kart but the new ones arnt exactly "mini" plus the reason they were so popular in the past is they were so damn simple anyone could do about any repair on one. the new ones are just bmw's that have been crammed into a smaller package and there isn't anything simple about them anymore.
Yeah I dig original Minis and respect guys who drive them since they're taking their lives in their own hands like bike riders. What's worse about new Minis is that the fisrt ones they sent over here in the early 00s were Neon engine powered. I'm not knocking Neons but I wouldn't wanna pay Mini/BMW money for one.

Yeah I dig original Minis and respect guys who drive them since they're taking their lives in their own hands like bike riders. What's worse about new Minis is that the fisrt ones they sent over here in the early 00s were Neon engine powered. I'm not knocking Neons but I wouldn't wanna pay Mini/BMW money for one.

no joke, unless maybe it was an srt version lol, that could be fun!

I m ow a race shop who specializes in just Spec Miatas. He has access to a bunch of cool stuff!

I m ow a race shop who specializes in just Spec Miatas. He has access to a bunch of cool stuff!
Well when I had a 93 back in 04/05 I discovered Planet Miata. They were a dedicated Miata salvage outfit with good prices on most things. Back in 10/11 I worked at an auto salvage in Bonaire and we snatched the rear end out of one for a guy to use building a trike. I managed to save a nice set of black cloth bucket seats out of one. They were narrow enough to be useful in lots of project cars. But that project never developed and I gave them away.
My Mistake was fun for a while but got old kinda quick. When I drove it on the interstate wide open it seemed like I was going fast but then I'd get passed by a minivan. Or a big truck would fly by and blow me over into another lane.

Boom, thanks man! Sent an email! Hopefully it has a clear title!
You're welcome, hope it pans out. When I saw your WTB I knew I'd seen one, just took me awhile to
find it again.

I haven't been in or driven BMW mini but feel safe in saying any attempt to compare it to
original mini as futile as comparing new Beetle to original beetle.
Had a bastard mini-cooper for awhile, guy put a hot 1275 into early '60s mini to go SCCA
racing. Then he decided to go Formula V instead so no need for the mini. His brother called
a friend of mine who called me and that's how I wound up with it. Had fun autocrossing it,
won a few FTDs with it despite having drum brakes. Drove it on the streets some but it didn't
like going slow. Sold it to a guy from Atlanta, reportedly he painted it to match the MARTA buses.
I received several unpaid parking ticket notices from Atlanta issued to the mini for a few years.

Speaking of the trucks blowing your Miata around reminded me of a scary trip to Atlanta
driving at night in torrential rainstorm in a Triumph Spitfire on I85 & I285. YIKES!

Back
Top Bottom