• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Middle Georgia 3 Gun Match Saturday Feb 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't take any questions to be a hassle... But I'm not running the match, so I'm having to figure it out based on what they've provided...

I don't see anything in the ammo section that mentions bi-metal not being allowed-

4. Ammunition
4.1 No tracer, incendiary, armor piercing or steel core ammunition is allowed.
4.2 Pistol/revolver ammunition shall be 9x19 or larger
4.3 Rifle ammunition shall be 5.54x39 or larger.
4.4 Shotgun ammunition shall be 20 gauge or larger.
4.4.1 No birdshot larger than #7.5 or any steel shot ammo allowed. Use of these types of
ammo will incur a Match DQ. Slugs will be used on prescribed targets
only. Do not load slugs unless specifically directed to do so.

ETA: for what it's worth- I'm planning on shooting Wolf also- WPA 62 grain hollow points. I don't have anything else that I'd want to bring to this kind of match. I reload and don't want to lose my brass.

Last edited:
Thanks for everyone's interest in the match. We are trying to host a fun, low pressure event where everyone can shoot and have a good time. No one is going to be measuring your sight radius, gigging you for equipment violations, etc. We want everyone to be safe and have fun.

Please do not bring or plan to shoot steel CORE or penetrator type ammunition. I've spoken with the match director and bi-metal jackets are okay.

What we charge for the shoot is our prerogative. We are not awarding prizes. It will be the day after or maybe even two days after the event that scores are posted. The Club is in the process of buying the land and it is for that purpose that we are making the event open to the public and why we are charging a very small fee (even to Club members).

Club members sponsor this event and most of the steel has been donated by one member in particular. The match director receives no compensation at all for designing, organizing, setting up, running and then tearing down the event. He is volunteering his time as are all the members who will be working that day. After covering the costs of the targets which are consumable, any remaining monies collected from participants is deposited directly into the land purchase fund.

I hope the weather holds and that we will have a well attended and safe 3-gun match. I'm looking forward to meeting all the shooters and enjoying the day!

Kyle Turner
President
Marion Road Gun Club

Sounds awesome. My question came from the "match plan" sheet on page 2 that says no bimetal. Glad thats resolved.

Gotta make sure I don't have to do one more thing this weekend, then I'll call and register.

Folks, the match directors have informed me that due to the forecast of inclement weather the match will be postponed. I've cleared a date in March for the match to be rescheduled. Please plan to attend the match on Saturday March 30th, same time to register/sign in and same time for the safety briefing. I apologize for the rescheduling but the forecast shared with me reads particularly nasty and I concur with the directors, it's better to move it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom