• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Middle Georgia 3 Gun Match Saturday Feb 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah if you think the match director is getting rich at 30 bucks a person....not so much.

I don't think anyone is getting rich. I'm asking if there is a physical trinket to compete for. Something to say, "Hey, I accomplished this." If there isn't, then I'm asking what the money is being used for. Jsquared made a logical statement about what the money is probably going towards. It has been my experience that if money is paid to participate in a tournament of sorts, then there is a prize associated with it, even if that prize is a cheesy little certificate.

I don't think anyone is getting rich. I'm asking if there is a physical trinket to compete for. Something to say, "Hey, I accomplished this." If there isn't, then I'm asking what the money is being used for. Jsquared made a logical statement about what the money is probably going towards. It has been my experience that if money is paid to participate in a tournament of sorts, then there is a prize associated with it, even if that prize is a cheesy little certificate.
Most shooting matches with a 30 dollar entrance isn't going to have a prize table. 1st, 2nd and 3rd might get a printed out certificate but that's it. Most times for a prize table its 250 or greater an entrance fee. I've been a match director a time or two most of the money goes to the range to pay for the use. After that is paying for the paint, targets, clay, minor repairs of props that come up. Buying lunch for the set up crew the day before. March director might put 100 bucks in his pocket after its all said and done. Now take out some form of a trophy and that's now the md putting money into the match.

Last edited:
You don't shoot a lot of matches do you? Most shooting matches with a 30 dollar entrance isn't going to have a prize table. 1st, 2nd and 3rd might get a printed out certificate but that's it. Most times for a prize table its 250 or greater an entrance fee. I've been a match director a time or two most of the money goes to the range to pay for the use. After that is paying for the paint, targets, clay, minor repairs of props that come up. Buying lunch for the set up crew the day before. March director might put 100 bucks in his pocket after its all said and done. Now take out some form of a trophy and that's now the md putting money into the match.

Actually, I *do* have competition experience, which is *why* I asked the question, but, hey, thanks for being so incredibly helpful and friendly, and not at all argumentative.

I also know that a lot of the events at Marion Road are "pride only," but those typically don't cost, or cost less, to enter. So my original inquiry remains valid and not worthy of douchebaggery.

Wow, sounds like a NICE Three-Gun Match, whether or NOT there are any "Prizes"...UNFORTUNATELY, the TIMING SUCKS for ME...I'll be at the Griffin Gun Club ALL WEEKEND at the GSSF Match, helping to run the "Side Match"--A Falling Plate Rack, Proceeds to the GGC "Range Improvement Fund"--when I'm not eatin' the BBQ or SHOOTIN'! Mebbe' NEXT TIME....mikey357

I've been looking through the Match documents and was wondering if the full set of rules are available. This will be my first competition and I'd like to go ahead and familiarize my self with all the rules.

Thanks!

I've been looking through the Match documents and was wondering if the full set of rules are available. This will be my first competition and I'd like to go ahead and familiarize my self with all the rules.

Thanks!

That is a tough thing to do honestly, because there is no single set of rules. USPSA has a set of multi gun rules, IMGA has their own set of rules, there is Horner scoring. It's all different, but good on you for wanting a rule set.

Thats why I asked earlier about mag restrictions, and so forth.

Well on the site I saw this:

"Due to ammo shortages we will allow pistol caliber carbines to shoot on the rifle stages however, your score will not be tallied with the regular divisions.
This allows members & guests to come out to shoot and have fun but may have problems finding ammo, especially for .223/5.56. Be aware that you will
have 100yd targets! This exception is for rifle stages only. Regular rules, caliber and ammo type requirements in match plan & rules still applies."

I figured if that was listed then there should be a "Match Plan and Rules" write-up somewhere. I'd hate to show up with nothing but fmj and be told I can't use them.

I sent an email inquiring about this. I'll let y'all know if I hear anything!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom