• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Middle Georgia 3 Gun Match Saturday Feb 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another question. If a friend and I both wish to shoot the match but he doesn't have an appropriate rifle can we share mine?

Most of the time that's not a problem, usually just say something to whoever is making shooter order to have a couple shooters in between each one so that there is time to load mags or whatever in between.

That really doesn't explain anything. Pistols must be if a factory configuration, do does that mean if I have added a magwell it's not a factory config? If I've changed sights, that's not a factory config, I've undercut the trigger guard on my Glock, that's not factory config.

Factory configuration is required for all divisions. If I was too bring my irons gun out that's not in a factory configuration, is a 20 inch barrel with a muzzle brake, and the front sight pushed out to the muzzle for maximum sight radius, it's an irons gun, but no where near any factory configuration.

7 rounds in the shotgun at start? That's a hell of a handicap to the guys who are normally loading 9 total at the start. I know that the 7 is for the guys who are pumping shotguns, but how many is that?

If I'm reading the ammo stuff correct, I can't shoot wolf since its bimetal?

If so, I'm out. I only have steel cased 223 that I'm willing to shoot.

It says no steel core, most steel cased stuff is a bimetal jacket, but not really a steel core.

I suggest pulling a bullet and cutting it in half just to make sure it's not steel core.

That really doesn't explain anything. Pistols must be if a factory configuration, do does that mean if I have added a magwell it's not a factory config? If I've changed sights, that's not a factory config, I've undercut the trigger guard on my Glock, that's not factory config.

Factory configuration is required for all divisions. If I was too bring my irons gun out that's not in a factory configuration, is a 20 inch barrel with a muzzle brake, and the front sight pushed out to the muzzle for maximum sight radius, it's an irons gun, but no where near any factory configuration.

7 rounds in the shotgun at start? That's a hell of a handicap to the guys who are normally loading 9 total at the start. I know that the 7 is for the guys who are pumping shotguns, but how many is that?

Keep reading... there's a second page. What you're describing is in the Open Class.

- - - Updated - - -

It says no steel core, most steel cased stuff is a bimetal jacket, but not really a steel core.

I suggest pulling a bullet and cutting it in half just to make sure it's not steel core.

Just check it with a magnet. If the magnet attracts the projectile (not the case) then it's steel core ammo. Most Wolf isn't- at least the stuff I've bought and shot isn't.

Its bimetal jacketed, lead core. But the rules specifically say no bimetal which is why I ask. I completely understand no steel core, but I thought the whole NO BIMETAL thing was for ranges trying to make you buy their ammo.

Keep reading... there's a second page. What you're describing is in the Open Class.

- - - Updated - - -

Just check it with a magnet. If the magnet attracts the projectile (not the case) then it's steel core ammo. Most Wolf isn't- at least the stuff I've bought and shot isn't.

It does grab the bullet because the jacket has steel in it. All lead core though.

Sorry buddy not trying to be a hassle, but the only non defensive rounds i have are steel case stuff right now, and its all bimetal jacket i believe.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom