• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Might have found a full auto gun to buy...could use some advice about it.

She did tell me when she bought it that she had to sign some papers saying she couldn't let someone else use it or it to be out of her pocession. So i'm guessing its legit. I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures she has of it. If its really a fully automatic AK, I'll talk to the dealer I know & see if I can get it set up right away.

yeah sounds kinda sketchy for a full auto AK. have you seen her tax stamp already to even know for sure if its legal?

Yea, sbr was my guess as well. But I think she's had this gun for a good many years by now. If it is a sbr I might just pass. I'd rather sbr my AR15 in 10mm than an AK.

I would first test fire it to see if it is full auto.
I would bet though it's a draco that somebody put a stock on.
Unless she bought this back in the 70's, I don't see a full auto for 1100.

I tried searching for a movie with an AK pistol thats full auto but I can't seem to find one. I too thought it might be some other type of gun. She told me it has a drum magazine on it, so its hard to say. I kinda thought maybe a calico?...I'll find out as soon as she sends me the pics.

Last edited:
While its nice she's offering to take it to a dealer, unless y'all are willing to pay an extra $200 and wait an extra transfer time it is completely unnecessary. Ask to see her form 4. See what it says in the box that says "type of firearm". That will tell you if it is a legal machine gun or an sbr.

I'm guessing sbr. As others have said, I don't think ak Mg's were ever $1100.

Back
Top Bottom