• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Might have found a full auto gun to buy...could use some advice about it.

Because the OP said the Lady wanted a pistol AK machine gun she saw in a movie.

Once you own a machine gun, you can add or remove the stock. You can lengthen or shorten the barrel too. No additional tax stamps necessary.

right, just seems silly to take it off if you can, not too many people looking to do that. It just makes me think this is not an MG, if it is awesome! I'll give the buyer 2k after he's had his fun! lol

Most of y'all are youngsters.. but back in the late 80's and early 90's you could buy a brand new fully transferable machine gun for $150, even a fullauto 10/22 for $300 at the LGS. So chopping up a transferable AK47 into pistol meant nothing to destroying their collector value, because they were so inexpensive 20 years ago.

Oh if only I were born 20 years earlier.

Most of y'all are youngsters.. but back in the late 80's and early 90's you could buy a brand new fully transferable machine gun for $150, even a fullauto 10/22 for $300 at the LGS. So chopping up a transferable AK47 into pistol meant nothing to destroying their collector value, because they were so inexpensive 20 years ago.
Yep, I remember my dad commenting on how there was no way in hell he was going to pay 800+200 for a 350 dollar M16. He quit buying them at 800 and sold all but a couple at 1500. Oops.

On Class3Classifieds, the three AK47 machineguns listed went for $15,500-$17,000 each, BEFORE the panic. The M16 and M14 machineguns went for $30,000, a M1 went for $15,000, and a M60 went for $32,000. All 2012 listings... didn't see any recent listings there.

All that to say, there's just no way the AK being discussed is a machinegun.

Back
Top Bottom