• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mini 14 $399 Police Trade in

I think this thread really captures the mini platform: 50% of users are die hard fans who had tack driving accuracy from their mini and the other 50% who couldn't get their mini to shoot the broad side of a barn at 50 yards.

I've got 2 and they are both tack drivers at 100 yds.

It's a great price and not a great price. It's a great price for a Mini 14 relative to other Mini 14s, but one of the things that kept me from buying a Mini 14 is that an AR-15 is cheaper. The AR does literally everything the Mini 14 can do, but better. Too bad these rifles look absolutely beat to death.
Valid point there. I like the looks of a Mini 14/30 because I like the traditional look of wood and steel. But the AR platform is more user friendly and dominates the accessory market. I guess there was a point in time many years ago when the Mini was cheaper than an AR since there weren't so many companies building ARs at the time. But those days are long gone. And Ruger never really embraced the tactical crowd . As I posted earlier some smart enterprising type of guy should come up with an AR mag adapter for the Mini 14 since it seems like Ruger never will. I can imagine it would look a lot like the one on the PAP pistols in 5.56.

As I posted earlier some smart enterprising type of guy should come up with an AR mag adapter for the Mini 14 since it seems like Ruger never will. I can imagine it would look a lot like the one on the PAP pistols in 5.56.
That would pretty much be brilliant.
Either that or Ruger could update the rifle to accept AR magazines and call it a Mini-15. They updated the PC9 to take Glock mags, so who knows?

Valid point there. I like the looks of a Mini 14/30 because I like the traditional look of wood and steel. But the AR platform is more user friendly and dominates the accessory market. I guess there was a point in time many years ago when the Mini was cheaper than an AR since there weren't so many companies building ARs at the time. But those days are long gone. And Ruger never really embraced the tactical crowd . As I posted earlier some smart enterprising type of guy should come up with an AR mag adapter for the Mini 14 since it seems like Ruger never will. I can imagine it would look a lot like the one on the PAP pistols in 5.56.
Great, now I want to buy one of those beat-to-hell Mini 14’s just to try to fab up an AR mag adapter for it so I can retire.

Back
Top Bottom