• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mini 14 $399 Police Trade in

That would pretty much be brilliant.
Either that or Ruger could update the rifle to accept AR magazines and call it a Mini-15. They updated the PC9 to take Glock mags, so who knows?
Yeah but now that I think about it Ruger makes ARs now which surely have a lower unit cost and higher profit margin. So updating the Mini 14 would probably take some sales away from their AR. Short answer here is I don't see them doing it.

Great, now I want to buy one of those beat-to-hell Mini 14’s just to try to fab up an AR mag adapter for it so I can retire.
It could happen. Think of all those poor schmucks walking around Academy looking at the cheap P Mags for ARs and even AKs and cussing under their breath. And what are they gonna do,by ProMags? Yeah as if...

Valid point there. I like the looks of a Mini 14/30 because I like the traditional look of wood and steel. But the AR platform is more user friendly and dominates the accessory market. I guess there was a point in time many years ago when the Mini was cheaper than an AR since there weren't so many companies building ARs at the time. But those days are long gone. And Ruger never really embraced the tactical crowd . As I posted earlier some smart enterprising type of guy should come up with an AR mag adapter for the Mini 14 since it seems like Ruger never will. I can imagine it would look a lot like the one on the PAP pistols in 5.56.

A mini-14 was my first rifle of in all places NYC when I turned 18 and got my rifle permit.

Got it because it was semi auto in 556 and MUCH cheaper than an AR back in the late 70s.

Kept it until about a year ago because though I never thought of owning an AR once I retired from the Army finally got a cheap Bushmaster Carbon 15 and began upgrading.

The mini 14 was redundant and took up safe space.

Never had a problem with it, good accuracy, mags as stated were more expensive.

Great entry level semi auto. Very simple to disassemble and maintain. Size of am M1 carbine with the punch or an AR.

I'd be all over it if they took AR mags, but I can't see shelling out for a rifle that could have accuracy issues (lots of mini14s do/ AND mags for it to do the same thing my other 223 rifles do.

Their accuracy issues are well known. Just watch one episode of the A-Team! Never hit a single bad guy!

I think this thread really captures the mini platform: 50% of users are die hard fans who had tack driving accuracy from their mini and the other 50% who couldn't get their mini to shoot the broad side of a barn at 50 yards.

The one I had shot OK....

But it’s a stupid design. Roger stole most of the M1 carbine design to make the mini, but they didn’t steal the good part-the mag release.

The main issue I have is the mag. Second issue is that gas block..... looks like anything could interfere with it.... seems fragile

IMG_0524.JPG
IMG_0525.JPG

Back
Top Bottom