• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Missed the point.

Bear44

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
213   0
Reaction score
I ordered 4 Hexmags for my 458 Socom. Two 30 (10) round and two 15 (5) round. I wanted the 5 round so the rifle will be easier to handle while I'm hunting with it.

Well, I got the mags. Two 10 round and two 5 round. The problem is that the 5 round are the same size as the 10 round, just with lower capacity.

Stupid. :doh:

How do you like the 458 socom
Haven't even fired it yet. All I have is the upper. I'm going to use one of my regular lowers to test it for function and accuracy. Once I have done that I'm going to get Dobb's to build an integral suppressor on it that will make it rifle length and get a dedicated lower for it. It should be the ultimate suppressed subsonic rifle for deer and bear. Maker Bullets makes a 500 grain bullet that is designed to expand to almost 1.5 inches at subsonic velocity.

Haven't even fired it yet. All I have is the upper. I'm going to use one of my regular lowers to test it for function and accuracy. Once I have done that I'm going to get Dobb's to build an integral suppressor on it that will make it rifle length and get a dedicated lower for it. It should be the ultimate suppressed subsonic rifle for deer and bear. Maker Bullets makes a 500 grain bullet that is designed to expand to almost 1.5 inches at subsonic velocity.

Wow would you look at that, didn’t know I needed a 458 ar but now I do

Late to the thread, but the .458S has picked some steam. It'll be nice when it's SAMMI approved.

Here's my build: CMT side/rear charging upper with Bear Creek BCG. Tromix barrel and bolt. Got both 325gr FTX and 300gr JHPs ready to go. Now to find someone to take me on a hog hunt.

20180808_161918-L.jpg

Back
Top Bottom