• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Missing a sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's really due to 95.675% of the neckbeards here do not understand how to pack an item and print postage. Plus, they're terrified of accepting a check or money order through the mail. Backwards assed mother ****ers.

But hey! It's their shyte, they can sail it how they want to.
This is true eye America as a whole wants something for nothing!and there is no trust or respect for each other! And very few real men left in this Country

I’ve had some ignore and offer, some sell after agreed on deal to someone else, and some just ghost all together! I use ignore button and move on. Met and made deals with a lot of great folks on here as well. I’ve always figured that if a man ain’t as good as his word then he ain’t crap and better off not having any dealings with.

So you post an item.

Someone posts "I'll take it".

Then when you PM them to see if they can pick it up tomorrow they say they have to wait until their next check.

And then that week comes and goes.

And when you ask they say they had a family thing.

So - I mean - for the other sites, do they have a deadline for payment/exchange? How long could someone kick the can down the road before they meet you and then tell you that your item wasn't as described?

So you post an item.

Then when you PM them to see if they can pick it up tomorrow they say they have to wait until their next check.

So - I mean - for the other sites, do they have a deadline for payment/exchange? How long could someone kick the can down the road before they meet you and then tell you that your item wasn't as described?
The main one I use is Ar15.com - lots of rules on it but essentially if you say “I’ll take it” you have agreed to the terms and conditions of the sale and will remit payment timely (within 24 hours or so). It’s different in that most items are shipped though.

What we currently have is an auction site at OTD for certain sellers/buyers. I’ve had sellers tell me they are working out a deal for list but would consider an offer over that.

Like the poster above said - ignore button is easiest.

So you post an item.

It's understood that on the Files if you post an "I'll take it!" That means you have the will, the skill and the means to complete the purchase in a timely fashion. This is not the only site where folks wheedle, whine and beg off paying for something after they've tried to run off other buyers by posting in the seller's thread, but it does seem more a frequent thing here. Plenty of negotiations happen on the Files and Arfcom, and I've had great luck there and on gunjoker AFTER scumbags here posted "I'll take it" but then welshed after two weeks of me waiting for payment. Sold for more money anyway on joker. He's still here, listing obsurdly high prices on his shyte even though he begs and poor mouths while "negotiating" with you.

What a can of worms i opened up. Just be honest. Treat others as you would want to be treated. If you want more money say it. Look for best offer. Lol If i say i will take it and ask is this the lowest price you will take doesn't mean i want pay your ask price. If i say i can met today cool. If its Monday and i cant met til Saturday then by all means tell me if you can sale it before then go ahead and tell me. I will say go ahead or offer more money to hold it. JUST BE THE 2A LOVING GUN COMMUNITY. Willing to help. Brotherhood. descent human. Gun lover.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

It's understood that on the Files if you post an "I'll take it!" That means you have the will, the skill and the means to complete the purchase in a timely fashion. This is not the only site where folks wheedle, whine and beg off paying for something after they've tried to run off other buyers by posting in the seller's thread, but it does seem more a frequent thing here. Plenty of negotiations happen on the Files and Arfcom, and I've had great luck there and on gunjoker AFTER scumbags here posted "I'll take it" but then welshed after two weeks of me waiting for payment. Sold for more money anyway on joker. He's still here, listing obsurdly high prices on his shyte even though he begs and poor mouths while "negotiating" with you.
A big pro of ARFCOM is welching on either side is a bannable offense. Keeps people to their word.

According to him it was
No where in this thread did the OP say they had a confirmed day, time, and meeting location. That's what it takes to have a "confirmed" deal. I've folks change their mind and back out of a deal, even the day of a meet.
I've also went to buy or sell something and refuse it at the meet, that's what happens if I get a bad feeling about a person or item. No one is being forced to buy or sell something if it's not what you thought or in the condition you expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom