• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Missing a sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No where in this thread did the OP say they had a confirmed day, time, and meeting location. That's what it takes to have a "confirmed" deal. I've folks change their mind and back out of a deal, even the day of a meet.
I've also went to buy or sell something and refuse it at the meet, that's what happens if I get a bad feeling about a person or item. No one is being forced to buy or sell something if it's not what you thought or in the condition you expect.
Never got a confirmation day or time to meet. Was trying to get that and was told it was sold.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

The main one I use is Ar15.com - lots of rules on it but essentially if you say “I’ll take it” you have agreed to the terms and conditions of the sale and will remit payment timely (within 24 hours or so). It’s different in that most items are shipped though.

What we currently have is an auction site at OTD for certain sellers/buyers. I’ve had sellers tell me they are working out a deal for list but would consider an offer over that.

Like the poster above said - ignore button is easiest.
I rarely see terms in an ad around here.
We do get reports of someone allegedly taking bids. Only a handful of times was this the case, and we put a stop to that.
However 95% of the time it’s just that there are too many other variables in the negotiations and the seller/trader excepted an offer from someone else other, than the one that had their feelings hurt that they didn’t get the deal. The vast majority of time it was at list, and often below the asking price because of convenience.

Never got a confirmation day or time to meet. Was trying to get that and was told it was sold.

Then there was no deal set, kinda like browsing at a store (could‘ stomach even typing Wal mart) and someone else takes the last item you were still thinking about.

I'll be honest, I'm surprised at how many people are disappointed with ODT. Of course there's several jack holes who make shyte difficult but after 100 something deals, I've found it one of the best trading platforms I've used.

I deal with who I want to

I get to see the item before forking over hard earned cash

I don't have to cross my fingers that the tracking number is legit

I've made lifelong friends on here

I get to deal with cash instead of a bunch of wireless transfer bs

This place seems to be about 95% really great people and 5% a-holes who I've only heard about thanks to threads like this

The deals that DID go wrong weren't a big deal at all. Just a minor inconvenience that was quickly forgotten

I think ODT is leading the pack for me. People told me to try TACSwap. Well, I did and you can have it. Whatta joke. Gunbroker...only use in case of emergency. I'm sure there's good aspects to all the platforms but ODT has less bad aspects than any of the others. Just one guys opinion, of course.

I think it depends on the individual seller. When I sell something everyone knows where they are in line. More like a deli counter and less like a Walmart free for all. If everyone else passes, and your number is called then you have the chance to buy the item.

It’s happened to me the other way and it’s in very poor taste in my opinion. I’m not going to operate that way. I like having a good reputation around here.

Again, just my opinion and how I operate.

I'll be honest, I'm surprised at how many people are disappointed with ODT. Of course there's several jack holes who make shyte difficult but after 100 something deals, I've found it one of the best trading platforms I've used.

I deal with who I want to

I get to see the item before forking over hard earned cash

I don't have to cross my fingers that the tracking number is legit

I've made lifelong friends on here

I get to deal with cash instead of a bunch of wireless transfer bs

This place seems to be about 95% really great people and 5% a-holes who I've only heard about thanks to threads like this

The deals that DID go wrong weren't a big deal at all. Just a minor inconvenience that was quickly forgotten

I think ODT is leading the pack for me. People told me to try TACSwap. Well, I did and you can have it. Whatta joke. Gunbroker...only use in case of emergency. I'm sure there's good aspects to all the platforms but ODT has less bad aspects than any of the others. Just one guys opinion, of course.
I have bought some great guns on odt. I hope to buy more lol

No where in this thread did the OP say they had a confirmed day, time, and meeting location. That's what it takes to have a "confirmed" deal. I've folks change their mind and back out of a deal, even the day of a meet.
I've also went to buy or sell something and refuse it at the meet, that's what happens if I get a bad feeling about a person or item. No one is being forced to buy or sell something if it's not what you thought or in the condition you expect.
nmartin86 said:
I agree with you there. I had a guy agree to price, time, and location which required me to hold the gun an extra day. He emails day of that he needs to back out and spend the money on tires.

My comment was referring to this....

nmartin86 said:
I agree with you there. I had a guy agree to price, time, and location which required me to hold the gun an extra day. He emails day of that he needs to back out and spend the money on tires.

My comment was referring to this....
Doubt a neg would stick. Even if the welsh wasn't a mod's buddy, it likely wouldn't stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom