• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Missing a sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It just ain’t cool. I’ve sold several items for less than the highest of offers just because I had already made a deal with someone.
That's the way it's supposed to work, unfortunately we have people (dirtbags) on this site who don't care about protocols, manners or integrity. While their actions do not qualify for negative feedback there should be a site for calling them out. Other than that, PM their avatars to the people who ask you.

Doubt a neg would stick. Even if the welsh wasn't a mod's buddy, it likely wouldn't stick.
If it was confirmed in ODT PMs it would have stuck. We confirm feedback everyday. We also have way too many people that don’t complete/confirm the deal in PMs and get upset that the feedback is removed. EVEN after the multitude of threads and reminders in threads like this, reminding folks of what is needed to have feedback stand up.
I’m a simpleton when it comes to stuff, and I can fake texts, emails, and can send pictures that show messenger type communications look as if something else was said.
We can look at communication on our server and know what was agreed to and what wasn’t.

If it was confirmed in ODT PMs it would have stuck. We confirm feedback everyday. We also have way too many people that don’t complete/confirm the deal in PMs and get upset that the feedback is removed. EVEN after the multitude of threads and reminders in threads like this, reminding folks of what is needed to have feedback stand up.
I’m a simpleton when it comes to stuff, and I can fake texts, emails, and can send pictures that show messenger type communications look as if something else was said.
We can look at communication on our server and know what was agreed to and what wasn’t.
Mine happened a while back and overall the guy had good feedback. He seems like a good enough guy and I’m not gonna drag his name in the mud over it. Just was saying it happens here and seems “regular” due to our rules being a little different. OTD has some really cool people and it’s fun to meet up and talk during deals.

Even if a confirmed time, place and date for a meet with an agreement to buy was in PMs, I seriously doubt a neg for welshing due to "needed tars fer muh truck" before the meet was to take place would stick if the welsh whined and cried enough.

Even if a confirmed time, place and date for a meet with an agreement to buy was in PMs, I seriously doubt a neg for welshing due to "needed tars fer muh truck" before the meet was to take place would stick if the welsh whined and cried enough.
Like I said we uphold negatives almost everyday. Whining, crying, and sob stories have never swayed us.
But if we didn’t have anything to be a victim about, y’all could not be a part of the ”Cool Kids Club” LOL:becky:

Like I said we uphold negatives almost everyday. Whining, crying, and sob stories have never swayed us.
But if we didn’t have anything to be a victim about, y’all could not be a part of the ”Cool Kids Club” LOL:becky:
riddle me this Ford. How can a Neg stay on for a few months and then all of a sudden its gone?

That's a different story. But, there's always something that's unseen or unknown. I was actually referring to the other who stir the pot about bidding.

There was a revolver for sail, many years ago, and there were several members that posted I'll take it in comments then started arguing who was first. While the Homers were fighting amongst themselves, I sent a PM stating I'll take it at the price listed, when and where do you want to meet. The cries of foul play in comments when it was marked SPM were hilarious.
I once had a guy send me one general question after another about the history of a type of item I posted for sale but never said he wanted it. In the meantime four people pm’ed me with “I’ll take it”. He got really made when I marked it sold and sent me a message saying “I was talking to you about it first…you had no right to sell it to anyone else.” I told him that he gave me no indication that he wanted it and my “right” is to sell my stuff any way I please

Have had this happen more than once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom