• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mobile phone bills... yeesh

For a little while I used a prepaid plan, SmartTalk. It was cheap but it was hilarious how they treated me like a poor peasant. Didn't have the same perks as people locked down in a contract or paying on a phone.

Mine averages 170 a month for 2 lines with unlimted data/talk and text with free hbo max 2 Andriod phone payments of 33 a month in that! so actual service is 104 a month the rest is because of the newer phone! I either have 20 or 30 months of phone payments left.
Yea I probably should have paid the phone off up front but why? Gonna have the bill anyway!

I see my cell phone as a tool and use it when needed (my iPad is a totally different story). My personal phone is a work phone and I don’t pay for it. I have the Mrs, and kids on Verizon with NO bells and whistles phone, no insurance, and I think 3GB which is shared for about $110 with Verizon. If I can’t buy the phone the my max is $5 monthly for the kids and $10 for wifey on a phone purchase. Your old phone is your insurance plan, and if they need more then 3GB they need to learn to connect to available WIFI.

T-mobile through Costco.

3 lines for $122/mo. I did qualify for a military discount but that may have been for the phone, not the plan.

We switched to Straight Talk 4 years ago. Ours uses Verizon towers. Unlimited. $35.00 per month/line. Very satisfied with coverage. We’ve noticed no difference between this and our Verizon service before. Bought our phones separately.

Back
Top Bottom