• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Modifying AR feed ramps for 7.62x39mm

I have built my first AR and decided to build it in 7.62x39😂 I decided to buy duramags, a 20 round and 30 round. Also bought a 75 round Korean drum 😬 . I bought your typical 556 AR-15 buffer weight and spring as well as a H3 and "extra" spring from right to bear which has the red on the of the spring. I grinded the mags and drum after cycling rounds by hand. My first test I used the heavy weight and spring. It wouldn't fire. Next I set it up with the original spring and H3 weight. it fired but sent the next round to hard 😬 leaving me to extract the live round in a more tedious situation 😂 I now have the lighter buffer weight in it and have not had time to test it this AR pistol is my gfs and I am going to get it running smooth before giving it to her she likes the side charging which is what started me on this path. I've never owned 7.62x39 everything I have is 5.56 . I will say it's been extremely fun hopefully it runs good! Ps I'm dumb for the angled iron sights on a side charging AR-15 . Be careful if you're level of genius is up there with mine😔

Attachments

• 20230218_022659.jpg
    20230218_022659.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 35
I have built my first AR and decided to build it in 7.62x39😂 I decided to buy duramags, a 20 round and 30 round. Also bought a 75 round Korean drum 😬 . I bought your typical 556 AR-15 buffer weight and spring as well as a H3 and "extra" spring from right to bear which has the red on the of the spring. I grinded the mags and drum after cycling rounds by hand. My first test I used the heavy weight and spring. It wouldn't fire. Next I set it up with the original spring and H3 weight. it fired but sent the next round to hard 😬 leaving me to extract the live round in a more tedious situation 😂 I now have the lighter buffer weight in it and have not had time to test it this AR pistol is my gfs and I am going to get it running smooth before giving it to her she likes the side charging which is what started me on this path. I've never owned 7.62x39 everything I have is 5.56 . I will say it's been extremely fun hopefully it runs good! Ps I'm dumb for the angled iron sights on a side charging AR-15 . Be careful if you're level of genius is up there with mine😔
I have built plenty of x39 uppers and have found what works 100%. Diamondback barrels, black rifle arms complete bcg, standard ar-15 spring and h2 buffer, superlative arms adjustable Gasblock! Drill gas port to 2.80mm if you plan on running subsonic ammo suppressed if not leave it and just install adjustable Gasblock and make sure to set proper gap on shoulder .025 to maintain alignment of gas port. I always run 28 round Cproducts mags, 20’s are fine too but 30’s have gave me some issues fully loaded. If running standard mil-spec trigger then wolf extra power spring needed for some steel case ammo. I always start with Adjustable Gasblock as that’s where it all starts at the source!

Back
Top Bottom