• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

money in hand...what's a good investment right now?

bldale08

Default rank <500 posts
Sasquatch believe I exist
42   0
Reaction score
So I've got some extra money to play with( around 700$ + or - )

Is it good time to buy up a really nice AR,AK, I know prices have dropped in those categories.

I have a long list of stuff I want ,so picking something off the top of my head is difficult.... nice upgraded cz 75 , colt or Springfield 1911 , Browning high power , big bore revolvers (already have a .460 ,and a monster 'judge' type revolver....I love Smith revolvers, have 4 ruger 1022s built to different levels, been wondering bout something in 10mm ( delta elite) I am having a hard time deciding and there could be something I don't know about that I can't live without.

Obnoxious and rude comments are expected .......and welcomed, I don't care,bump the post all you want.

Somebody just give me a idea of something that's out there that I won't lose my butt on if I wind up getting rid of it next year, (although I plan on keeping for life, you never know, crap happens)

I hear pre-lock S&W's are the way to go. Same with US milsurps. Those are pretty safe spends. Basically anything that isn't made anymore is a solid investment. Imported arms no longer produced are also a smart spend IMO.

I don't think an AR would be a bad buy - they are at a historic market low, so if you buy cheap enough, it's a non-issue an you wouldn't lose much money.

I have to go with the pre-lock SW answer over an AR. But if you are leaning toward AR just get a factory build from a desirable name. You might find a Colt or similar in that range. Other options are look for a quality model you like from the pre 70s era in good shape. for me that is Browning, Colt, certain Winchester, and some kraut brands.

Yes I've noticed mil surp going up, I have a Vs vz61..been through too many nagants and mausers...looking for something different.

Back
Top Bottom