• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

More M1 Garands coming to the CMP

Just remember, Blue Sky Importers had the "magic" tool that would compress the muzzle to gauge well, while the barrel was really shot out. Hopefully that evil machine died years ago. Also, beware the muzzle that was cleaned with a brass rod by a bunch of crazed Filipinos. (No offense intended to the Filipino people, just that some barrels from Korea and the Philippines were trashed at the crown by over zealous cleaning.)

The wood in the picture is pretty mismatched, but, hey, they are Garands!

Given the state of the Philippines right now I doubt shipping back a bunch of old Garands is at the top of their list...

Just remember, Blue Sky Importers had the "magic" tool that would compress the muzzle to gauge well, while the barrel was really shot out. Hopefully that evil machine died years ago. Also, beware the muzzle that was cleaned with a brass rod by a bunch of crazed Filipinos. (No offense intended to the Filipino people, just that some barrels from Korea and the Philippines were trashed at the crown by over zealous cleaning.)

The wood in the picture is pretty mismatched, but, hey, they are Garands!

Let's hope the CMP can work with what they get, and make the best of it. If they can, and the prices come down for a while, I'd sure like to look for nice one to buy.

Given the state of the Philippines right now I doubt shipping back a bunch of old Garands is at the top of their list...

Hopefully they are enticed by a $ figure that makes them want to ship these loaners back. Why the hell didn't we get our weapons back like 5 decades ago, dumb a$$ Washington politicians.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom