• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mornin huntin is better than evening huntin. Prove me wrong.....

It didnt matter to me until I got older.
Being cold is painful to me. Its been 7 years since I hunted a cold fall or winter morning .

My 2 biggest bucks were killed in the evening.

My old body doesn’t like getting up and out in the cold mornings. Im always glad I did though. Front row to another sunrise and the awakening of the daytime critters.
As far as big bucks, it depends on the spot. Late morning to lunch is when I like my chances the best. North Fulton sunrise.
1A3E9A7B-8360-4507-B18F-70D068B1F837.jpeg

I prefer to hunt in the afternoon to dark after a big lunch. Just relaxing and taking in the world. However over my lifetime I see more bucks in the mornings especially the larger ones.

I used to only be able to hunt evenings because of work. I saw deer and took plenty during those years. My biggest or most points was an evening 2 years ago. 13 pt. I have for the last 15 years or so hunted both and on average see more in morning

I hunt both regularly and rarely see big bucks in the morning on our property. I see a pretty good amount of smaller bucks in the morning, but 99% of the bigger bucks I've seen have all been between 3pm to dark.

The 3 big deer I have killed 2 were evening and 1 was about 10 in the morning. I like being in the woods any time is good time

Back
Top Bottom