• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Most I've spent on a knife...EVER!

Uwood52

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie
87   0
Reaction score
I just picked up the Benchmade Infidel OTF knife...and I love it! I think it will be my EDCish knife at least until the newness wears off.

I always carry the Opinel #7 and use it for everything. But I will carry the Infidel close by for a while.

Only thing I don't like about it is the cost! I have some heavy duty HC steel fixed blades that didn't cost as much as the Infidel. We'll see if it holds up to the hype I guess. Right now, I'm just enjoying my new toy :D

Quality is there. I say this here at least once a month, but people don't hesitate to spend $500 on a Glock, but shy away from $200+ on a quality knife. Literally could last a lifetime. My first "custom" was $575, and I've not looked back since.
Every time I pick up a custom next to a Kershaw, Gerber or Spyderco, I can tell the difference.

I'm not real big on the Infidel. Try a Microtech one day. Fit and finish far better. Also action of OTF feels 500x better. Another $100 would have gotten you one.

Also check out Raven knives. Autos, made in US and LIFETIME warranty

Try a Microtech one day. Fit and finish far better. Also action of OTF feels 500x better. Another $100 would have gotten you one.

I love the microtech's! That was part of the problem. I have a friend that is a benchmade dealer so he had the infidel on hand and more cost effective. But you are right about the quality! It is also much lighter than I thought it would be.

Last edited:
Most days my EDC is a case xxx of some sort. They and bayonets are all I really collect. I can't see carrying a bayo to work. My EDC is about opening boxes or cutting string though. I don't ever even consider carrying a knife for SD.

Do the OTF knives really hold up to everyday use? I understand they need a little more up keep but I've heard horror stories of damaging the spring mechanisms just from light use.

Do the OTF knives really hold up to everyday use? I understand they need a little more up keep but I've heard horror stories of damaging the spring mechanisms just from light use.

I don't know...I am new to the OTF knife.

I'll continue using my $12 Opinel #7 for daily tasks.

Back
Top Bottom