• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Motorcycle Boots/Gear Recommendations

mgonza

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
‘Bout Tre Fiddy
171   0
Reaction score
biker_bill biker_bill inspired me to type this thread due to his "how many heels do you own" thread. Many of you guys already know that I purchased my first bike.
I am set with gloves, jacket and helmet but I need some recommendations on the following:
  1. Boots
  2. Headsets (leaning towards SENA)
  3. Pants/Chaps
And how about gear off the body?
I have a trickle charger already but do I need a portable air compressor? Anything I am missing?

I have a Honda Shadow if that helps. Thanks guys!

redwing, you won't be sorry

http://www.redwingshoes.com/red-win.../988-red-wing-mens-10-inch-pull-on-boot-black

ecx.images_amazon.com_images_I_312fQMbPqfL._SS500_.jpg

biker_bill biker_bill inspired me to type this thread due to his "how many heels do you own" thread. Many of you guys already know that I purchased my first bike.
I am set with gloves, jacket and helmet but I need some recommendations on the following:
  1. Boots
  2. Headsets (leaning towards SENA)
  3. Pants/Chaps
And how about gear off the body?
I have a trickle charger already but do I need a portable air compressor? Anything I am missing?

I have a Honda Shadow if that helps. Thanks guys!

Lol, You need two pairs of boots to start one with insulation for cold weather and one without for warm. Then if you find a pair that's great, get another pair of them before they stop making them, lol. Then when the sole is gone get them to the shoemaker right away, don't ruin them by eating up the boot itself. I have all Harley boots, they make some really nice long lasting boots. Some are 20+ years old, the leather is more comfortable than new and the soles wear, for $50 I get them resoled.

^^^My thoughts too^^^
at first I thought it would be nice, then I realized I was ruining the motorcycle experience by adding one.
it's "ME" time!
I have a pair of Joe Rocket Ballistic pants that are nice, otherwise it's chaps, you got the basics covered so far
Be safe!

Head set?
Why?
I will be riding with my wife and would like the ability to communicate during long hauls. I also prefer music when riding. My helmet has headphones built in already so I can plug in a small ipod shuffle. I enjoy riding much more with music.

^^^My thoughts too^^^
at first I thought it would be nice, then I realized I was ruining the motorcycle experience by adding one.
it's "ME" time!
I have a pair of Joe Rocket Ballistic pants that are nice, otherwise it's chaps, you got the basics covered so far
Be safe!
Thanks buddy!

Lol, You need two pairs of boots to start one with insulation for cold weather and one without for warm. Then if you find a pair that's great, get another pair of them before they stop making them, lol. Then when the sole is gone get them to the shoemaker right away, don't ruin them by eating up the boot itself. I have all Harley boots, they make some really nice long lasting boots. Some are 20+ years old, the leather is more comfortable than new and the soles wear, for $50 I get them resoled.
yeah some of the harley boots look really nice. I just didn't know if you paid a premium just for the name.

I will be riding with my wife and would like the ability to communicate during long hauls. I also prefer music when riding. My helmet has headphones built in already so I can plug in a small ipod shuffle. I enjoy riding much more with music.
OK, although I doubt you will find it needed, at least no enough to want that head ache. (Or the hit on style points) Music in helmet might be cool, but I'll bet you get a shorty helmet before you're done.

Back
Top Bottom