• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Mouse guns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, let's recap...What is considered a mouse gun?
Some say anything smaller than a .380, others say there are some large 380s out there...I have a 1903 colt hammerless that I wouldn't consider a mouse gun, but it technically is...But is a large caliber derringer a mouse gun?

It's a debate about a gun subject. I thought that's what these forums were for. Wouldn't you say that's different than trying to diminish the pride I have in my daughter for helping to save a life?

I think petty is exactly what that was.
Yes, you're right. It is a debate. I sometimes lose sight of that. It's a weakness of mine that I am working on.

So, let's recap...What is considered a mouse gun?
Some say anything smaller than a .380, others say there are some large 380s out there...I have a 1903 colt hammerless that I wouldn't consider a mouse gun, but it technically is...But is a large caliber derringer a mouse gun?
That's a good question. I think a mouse gun is defined by what it shoots first and actual size second. I wouldn't consider a full size 32 a mouse gun or a two shot derringer in 357 mag. To me a mouse gun shoots a very weak cartridge and the gun itself is very small, but that's a subjective definition.

That's a good question. I think a mouse gun is defined by what it shoots first and actual size second. I wouldn't consider a full size 32 a mouse gun or a two shot derringer in 357 mag. To me a mouse gun shoots a very weak cartridge and the gun itself is very small, but that's a subjective definition.
I certainly agree with you on this.

Definitely a Mouse Gun
mousegun.jpg

It's a debate about a gun subject. I thought that's what these forums were for. Wouldn't you say that's different than trying to diminish the pride I have in my daughter for helping to save a life?

I think petty is exactly what that was.
When you're a dick to people out of the blue for no reason, expect them to be a dick back.

You and I have never had any issues over the years. Always just polite and respectful discussion and banter. Then, for no reason, you picked me to be a dick to in this thread.

So that's when my polite respectful tongue biting goes away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom