• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Mouse guns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, considering my point is about effective choices for SD with a handgun....yeah. What's your point? That all handguns go "bang"?

Dang Bear, I thought you were smart enough to realize you are wrong. What are you trying to prove? OK, a .50 is more effective than a .22 to stop someone. So what? A .22 is more effective than a .50 if it is carried and the .50 is at home. Your have lost your argument. For you to argue anymore just makes you more wrong. Give it a break, go to another topic. You lost this one. Don't argue just to be stubborn. Heck man, your wife has already proved you wrong.

When you're a dick to people out of the blue for no reason, expect them to be a dick back.

You and I have never had any issues over the years. Always just polite and respectful discussion and banter. Then, for no reason, you picked me to be a dick to in this thread.

So that's when my polite respectful tongue biting goes away.
Please point that out. Simply disagreeing with someone and saying why you do, is not being a dick.

Dang Bear, I thought you were smart enough to realize you are wrong. What are you trying to prove? OK, a .50 is more effective than a .22 to stop someone. So what? A .22 is more effective than a .50 if it is carried and the .50 is at home. Your have lost your argument. For you to argue anymore just makes you more wrong. Give it a break, go to another topic. You lost this one. Don't argue just to be stubborn. Heck man, your wife has already proved you wrong.
Being accused of recommending things you haven't defines losing a debate? OK, you're right. I have been all over this thread saying things like "Don't carry a weapon. Get a .50 and leave it at home. That's the way to go."

It's amazing how offended some of you have gotten for no other reason than me insisting that I don't think a 22lr is a smart choice for a SD weapon.

Sometimes you just have to shoot what you can afford or what you have. Some can only afford a 22lr, some a 454. But the bottom line is be good with what you have. a 22lr is better than a fist and an RPG 7 out guns a 454..:very_drunk:

Being accused of recommending things you haven't defines losing a debate? OK, you're right. I have been all over this thread saying things like "Don't carry a weapon. Get a .50 and leave it at home. That's the way to go."

It's amazing how offended some of you have gotten for no other reason than me insisting that I don't think a 22lr is a smart choice for a SD weapon.
Bear, you've been relentless in your argument as always. But I don't think you've been offensive in any way shape or form. Unfortunately there's a group of sensitive little girls here that if you offend one of them it's as if you've twisted all their panties at the same time. Then they'll all pile in on you and claim the moral high ground.

Bear, you've been relentless in your argument as always. But I don't think you've been offensive in any way shape or form. Unfortunately there's a group of sensitive little girls here that if you offend one of them it's as if you've twisted all their panties at the same time. Then they'll all pile in on you and claim the moral high ground.
Troll much?

Please point that out. Simply disagreeing with someone and saying why you do, is not being a dick.

Ok...out if the blue picking me out to be a dick...
Would you want to be stabbed with a pencil? There's a cheap SD weapon for you. Hope you're happy with it.

And then I am talking to bearpugh about my personal experiences with the two calibers....not just stuff I read online.

Wow. Sorry to hear that.

Over my 16 years of being an EMT, MOST of the 'person shot' calls i have run are people shot with 22lr and 25acp weapons.

And you interject your assumption....
That's because they are the ones that need an EMT rather than a coroner.

If any of your comments were supposed to be in jest, I suggest you learn how to use the emoticons or other wording to show this. Because all of your comments came across as being a 'know-it-all dick' who is looking for an argument.

Last edited:
Thanks for the support.

I've learned more valuable information by debating subjects than probably any other way in my life. I just don't understand when people start making it personal.

Don't do that. No reason to assume anyone was piling on. I showed where I got offended. Maybe the others got offended by other comments, but the common denominator is the person who is doing the offending.

Ok...out if the blue picking me out to be a dick...

And then I am talking to bearpugh about my personal experiences with the two calibers....not just stuff I read online.

And you interject your assumption....

If any of your comments were supposed to be in jest, I suggest you learn how to use the emoticons or other wording to show this. Because all of your comments came across as being a 'know-it-all dick' who is looking for an argument.
Seriously? Put that first one in context and you still think I was being a dick? That is my common response anytime a person uses the "I wouldn't want to be shot by" line. It's meant to illustrate a point. If I'm not mistaken, there were others that said something similar in response to your post. Are they dicks, too.

As for the second one, not using an emoticon and you misinterpreting it makes me a dick? Really? Even after I clarified it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom