• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Movies as a kid that changed you

Billy Jack
i remember sitting in a dark movie house around 8 years old watching the movie.

I learned about a man living a life with honor and integrity and principles.
The struggles of good fighting evil and even living with non violence and peace, seeing the beauty in everything and everyone and loving each other.

Billy Jack was awesome.

Also spent a lot of time with my Dad watching nascar back when they ran real production vehicles in full race form and of course professional boxing cause Dad was a golden gloves boxer.

Daktari , Tarzan just to see that babes of course, and in search of , the outter limits , anythjng sci fi……and yes it all had impacts on the psyche.

Billy Jack
i remember sitting in a dark movie house around 8 years old watching the movie.

I learned about a man living a life with honor and integrity and principles.
The struggles of good fighting evil and even living with non violence and peace, seeing the beauty in everything and everyone and loving each other.
Deep Throat...

Sound of Music.

My mother dragged me to go watch that and the only damned thing I remembered about the whole event was that I kept asking her "When are they gonna let us out?"

Not sure it *changed* me as much as *warped* me.

I thought my mother was the only one who did that... to this day, I HATE musicals, every single last one of them. She finally quit taking me, when I started singing "Deutschland Uber Alles" and clapping whenever the Germans showed up.

Another thread brought up the movie JAWS, So that got me to thinking about the summer of 1975. It was brutally hot in Far Rockaway New York and I remember standing in line for hours to see the new JAWS Movie. I grew up on the beach and would cool off in the summer wading around in the water off of Rock Away beach. Being 7 years old I had a great interest in sharks, I remember drawing them all over my brown paper sack homemade book covers covering my schoolbooks. I walked into the that air conditioned movie theater, oh, felt so good. The lights went down, I was eating my popcorn, soaking up the grandness of it all. I remember when that damn head popped out of the boat, scarred the beloved Jesus out of me. I remember never going back to the beach again, I started taking showers because I was afraid a damn shark would come up through the pipes and get me. The movie was filmed a few miles down the beach around Amityville, I think. Less than year a
prior some nut named DeFeo shot up his family with a Marlin 35 in that same community, of course that house reminded me a lot of the house where we lived, but that's another topic for later. So, what Movie as a kid left an indelible mark on your psyche?
Deer Hunter.

Back
Top Bottom