• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Moving, Guns in Limbo?

jeffk14

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
21   0
Reaction score
Let's say a fictional fella had a pretty substantial collection of long guns. Stored in a good safe, in a layered security, climate controlled environment, in his home.

Same fella is planning on selling his house, then building on land he has. In the same state. Fella plans to either rent a very small house or even live in a camper while the new house is being built. Possibly up to six months or so. No means of properly securing/storing said fictional guns.

Any ideas? Quietly store safe and guns in the back of a climate controlled storage unit that has good security? Other? What do y'all think?

I've actually thought about this a fair amount with a potential move in my...uh... a "friend's"... future. Only thing I can come up with is let a particular friend hold them until settled. Then, shoot said friend dead if anything happens to said firearms.

I've actually thought about this a fair amount with a potential move in my...uh... a "friend's"... future. Only thing I can come up with is let a particular friend hold them until settled. Then, shoot said friend dead if anything happens to said firearms.
Good idea, but unfortunately, that is not a viable option in my fictional friend's case.

There is no such thing a thing as a good friend when it comes to your guns.
Sooner or later they will come up with 700 things that happen to them.

"Rent" some storage at the house of a friend you trust and who would want a deal like this: Put a safe in the friend's house, location of friends choosing, preferably basement (we're assuming the friend is security minded, like you). At the end of this process, when you move your guns out, let the friend keep the safe. Write up the agreement as a simple contract, signed by both and notarized.

As a storage facility owner, I highly encourage your friend to store with me.

Seriously, you can buy insurance for any amount you want to cover your belongings and as long as the facility has decent video, you'll have no trouble with either theft or a claim if something were to happen.
We have people put safes in storage all the time.

Back
Top Bottom