• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info
https://brethrenarms.com/shop/ba10c/

Don’t rip me apart if this is crap, just trying to help!

These guys are actually pretty damn good builders! I'd put them right up top with Dakota Tactical and Michaels Machine. Due to aftermarket receiver flats being so far out of factory HK spec... Brethren Arms actually grafts real sections of previous HK guns together for a better result than the traditional method of bending receiver flats.

Ron says : Negative on the parts kits, but we have a complete MP5 40 SBR in store . I think its a vector

Way too many of the Cohaire Arms, Special Weapons and Vectors had build quality ,fitment and finish issues, along with mechanical failures (FTE, FTF) etc... Especially in .40 or 10mm!!! I've always steered clear of these builds. Some of the old school, very first Todd Bailey built MP5 variants proved to be of great quality. The later models had many out of spec issues and the build quality wasn't up to par. On a side note, I did inquire upon a Turner Fabrications build performed by Mike Turner a while back, that I'm probably going to be pulling the trigger on tomorrow morning. I'll post pics if the deal goes through.

Way too many of the Cohaire Arms, Special Weapons and Vectors had build quality ,fitment and finish issues, along with mechanical failures (FTE, FTF) etc... Especially in .40 or 10mm!!! I've always steered clear of these builds. Some of the old school, very first Todd Bailey built MP5 variants proved to be of great quality. The later models had many out of spec issues and the build quality wasn't up to par. On a side note, I did inquire upon a Turner Fabrications build performed by Mike Turner a while back, that I'm probably going to be pulling the trigger on tomorrow morning. I'll post pics if the deal goes through.
My special weapons mp5sd i bought was spot on with no issues. Bought a complete hk usa bolt and worked with zero issues other than my lazy ass not cleaning it enough

I saw these and had inquired upon them, asking various top tier roller lock builders if they could work with these 10mm kits. They wouldn't touch these things with a 10 foot pole. It had something to do with the flats that were too far out of spec and the #24, #25 #26 locking pieces. I can't remember all the specifics, except that they highly encouraged me to steer clear of the aftermarket kits. I'm sure they had a good reason? However, most of the builders did state that if I wanted to pick up a factory HK .40 parts kit and have them contact Michaels Machine to build a 10mm barrel... That they then could build me one. Brethren Arms is releasing a batch of like 10 or 15 of them. They are one of the few builders that actually grafts previous sections together instead of the traditional method of bending flats with a jig. I'd be interested to see a video of them fabbing one up myself.

I saw these and had inquired upon them, asking various top tier roller lock builders if they could work with these 10mm kits. They wouldn't touch these things with a 10 foot pole. It had something to do with the flats that were too far out of spec and the #24, #25 #26 locking pieces. I can't remember all the specifics, except that they highly encouraged me to steer clear of the aftermarket kits. I'm sure they had a good reason? However, most of the builders did state that if I wanted to pick up a factory HK .40 parts kit and have them contact Michaels Machine to build a 10mm barrel... That they then could build me one. Brethren Arms is releasing a batch of like 10 or 15 of them. They are one of the few builders that actually grafts previous sections together instead of the traditional method of bending flats with a jig. I'd be interested to see a video of them fabbing one up myself.
Good info

Good info

Thanks brother. If anyone has any questions on this specific platform, I have many years of experience operating these guns, experience with ownership of various models and calibers etc. and I would be more than happy to share whatever knowledge I have with our community of ODT'ers and learn from others as well. They've become quite popular among many. An informed or interested party looking into roller locks and the HK game should ask as many questions as possible. I don't like seeing people getting burned with crappy parts kits or half *** builds from garage fly by night "experts".

Still looking. I’ll take a MP5/40 or MP5/10 from Omega, Dakota Tactical, ones built by guys like Tod Bailey off HK parts kits, special weapons receivers etc. let me know if you guys have something to part with. Reviving this old post.

Back
Top Bottom