• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mulching vs Bulldozing for new roads

shotgun 01

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
12   0
Reaction score
I wasn't sure where to post this, but I am looking to establish some new roads on our property. Most of it is old clearcut, with some being through big woods. I am open to the easiest path, so it doesn't matter if the road is a bit winding. I think it would be nice to have someone with a mulcher come through, but don't know if that is a lot more money than a smaller bulldozer. It appears that a mulcher is about $1500.00 a day. I probably have two or three days work. Has anybody used a mulcher service, and was it worth it. Just looking for thoughts on making my property more accessible. Also, any recommendations that work in Hancock County. Thanks

I would probably consider whether I would want to used a truck on the road or atv / sxs. Mulching definitely would be cleaner in the beginning

Trees are not too big for a mulcher, and again, there is not a certain path that I have to take. I am mainly trying to make it easier to get from one side of property to the other with my tractor, with the harrows attached. It just needs to be about 10 feet wide, and relatively clean. Not looking for a super speedway.

Back
Top Bottom