• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My 1st and last ND Very nasty pics. I get to go back to work

Damnnnnnnnnnn. Good luck with the physical therapy. Been there (except not for a gun shot..) for my wrist so I would imagine a lot of exercises for the hand will be similar. Prayers to you and stay on that therapy! You'll be glad you did..

Damnnnnnnnnnn. Good luck with the physical therapy. Been there (except not for a gun shot..) for my wrist so I would imagine a lot of exercises for the hand will be similar. Prayers to you and stay on that therapy! You'll be glad you did..

To the OP; thanks for your brutal honesty and sharing your story. This serves as a great teaching tool to us all and hopefully you have saved some lives by sharing your experience. Glad you are doing well!

I have been back to normal (well as normal as possible with a missing finger) for 6 months. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. If this thread has saved one person the pain of a self inflicted gunshot than its worth the embarrassment.

I'm glad you'll be ok. Thanks for posting and reminding us that this **** can happen. I'll pray for a speedy recovery. I've not had a chance to read through all posts, and sorry if you've already answered this, but can you comment on the legal aspect of the aftermath? i.e. did the police have to be called and a report be filed?

I live in the hills. The sheriff did have to come and make sure all weapons were secure and the scene was safe for ems. But beyond that there was no police report or citation issued. If this happened in Atlanta or any metro County I'm sure I would have lost my child, guns, and been charged with only God knows what.

Last edited:
After my accident I went back to semi auto pistols. I did it mostly out of fear and comfort. I have been shooting since I was 20. I am almost 30 now. I didn't get a lot of instruction when I was first starting out in the shooting world. I did have one thing on my side. I was scared ****less of getting shot. Especially getting shot by myself. I made a promise to myself that I would never be that guy. The guy that treats a weapon like a toy or something similar. I have a deep respect for all things in life that posses the ability to take a life. I have always been the guy to be double and triple checking firearms for safety. I look back at the days events that transpired when I shot myself in the hand and shake my head. I of all people shot me. I was so upset and pissed off that it happened that I over looked something very important. I had become complacent in my safety practice and experience got the best of me. I was dicking around with a loaded gun and got exactly what I deserve. If you mess with a snake plan on getting bit. Since the accident I have talked to and met a lot of you guys. You are all fantastic folks. I just Cant stress it enough. Don't get comfortable to the point where you loose the fear and respect for your weapons. Complacency kills and I'm lucky to be here to tell my story. I have over come my fear of wheel guns as I really came to grips with the fact that it could have been a semi auto that this happened with. I now carry a Smith and Wesson 329 night guard in 44 mag. I also carry a Smith and Wesson 327 night guard in 357.
img.tapatalk.com_d_14_02_02_4e7anydy.jpg

I hope my story keeps you and yours safe from negligence and reminds you anything is possible.

No one wants to admit they goofed - especially with a gun; but you had the courage to make your accident a shocking and valuable lesson to others.
Your story (and original picture) has sent a message - don't get complacent.

Thanks for sharing/teaching us.

Billbor
Smyrna, GA

Nice! Glad that you are fully recovered and have gotten over your fear of revolvers(especially since I got a nice 1911 out of it :D). I shot an LCR this past Monday and they are great shooters with a phenomenal trigger. I've never been a Ruger wheel gun fan but if I ever do get another j frame sized wheel gun it will be an LCR. The trigger on those LCR's are way better than any j frame(even one with a spring kit) that I've ever shot.

Back
Top Bottom