• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

My "Bug Out Weapons"

SPAS is for breaching/intimidation/GSG .22 for room clearing, maybe four full mags.

Just a side note here, I have a little constructive criticism about breaching and room clearing.

I would avoid any situations that put me having to do room clearing or breaching. There is way too much danger in trying to clear a room especially alone and even worse if you have to breach a door first. I enjoy kicking doors as much as the other guy, but without a cohesive fire team you're asking for trouble and even then your risking it without an IOTV and frags. If you need to clear your bug-out location or home after being away during SHTF, you would be better off taking up a concealed position, gathering intel, then develop a plan of action from there. Taking out an unfriendly force from a distance while they are outside gives you much better survivability.

Using the GSG .22lr also kills your chances of shooting through barriers (walls, doors, furniture) that might be required to clear a room. You want precise, quick kills and do not want to get in a firefight because someone was on the other side of some furniture that you couldn't shoot through.

FN SCAR and Sig P220 dark elite. Can carry 84 rds for both these weapons on my battle belt ive trained with. Now for B.O.B mainly other essentials.......just a little ammo. Just have to be precise with shot placement.

Nice but I agree, heavy and 4 different types of ammo. I'd probably go with AR with .22 conversion. Or something like a Glock G17, paired with a Sub2k that share same mags and ammo.

On the money here! AR with a .22 converter and CZ 75 sidearm with a .22 converter. 3 types of ammo. You're giving up a lot of other essentials to carry a lot of gun.. I had a SPA's and sold it because of its size and weight. Freaken awesome gun though. But I'm only 5'10 and 165lbs.

Just a side note here, I have a little constructive criticism about breaching and room clearing.

I would avoid any situations that put me having to do room clearing or breaching. There is way too much danger in trying to clear a room especially alone and even worse if you have to breach a door first. I enjoy kicking doors as much as the other guy, but without a cohesive fire team you're asking for trouble and even then your risking it without an IOTV and frags. If you need to clear your bug-out location or home after being away during SHTF, you would be better off taking up a concealed position, gathering intel, then develop a plan of action from there. Taking out an unfriendly force from a distance while they are outside gives you much better survivability.

Using the GSG .22lr also kills your chances of shooting through barriers (walls, doors, furniture) that might be required to clear a room. You want precise, quick kills and do not want to get in a firefight because someone was on the other side of some furniture that you couldn't shoot through.

Now this... is good. I'm in a recon unit myself.. I should probably take in our own SOPs..

Now this... is good. I'm in a recon unit myself.. I should probably take in our own SOPs..

Yeah that's my philosophy, stay out of sight out of mind. I planning on bugging in, but might have to get back home or to my family's farm. Practice noise, light and litter discipline. Move at night, it only takes one guy with a rifle to take you out before you ever realize he is there. Sleep at day in the nastiest stuff you can find to crawl into that is out of paths of travel. Avoid fires if possible, if you have to have one use a Dakota fire-pit. Stay off the roads if possible but near them to keep navigation simple. Avoid everyone. Take two water containers, purification tablets and a coffee filter so you can quickly get water, keep moving while it purifies, and drink from the other container while waiting. A 6x8 brown tarp or poncho with 550 cord tied to each corner makes a quick waterproof shelter. A bivy cover is a godsend when it's raining or wet and saves valuable time. My gear is modular but it all overlaps for the basic needs of food, water and shelter. My very basic emergency kit contains a tarp, emergency blanket, 3 fire starting methods, 2 small candles, medicine bottle filled with cotton balls soaked in petroleum jelly, 550 cord, medical kit, 3600 mainstays bar, water purification tablets, stainless steel bottle, collapsible bottle, camo stick, hat, gloves and lightweight camo polyester shirt. I also keep my pistol and folding knife on me all the time.

Simple bug out kit with the what I feel is the right plan!

FOOD FOOD FOOD. AMMO AMMO. 410 lever shotgun 500+ rounds slugs/buckshot/PDX , Ruger MKII 22LR pistol/w 5 clips and Savage MKII TR 22LR/w 10 extra clips and 5000+ rounds of ammo!
MVP 5.56 with 20/20 round clips loaded, 18 clips carried in a WWII BAR A gunners belt, 2 mags jungle clipped and loaded in gun + another 100 rounds in stripper clips.

.410 is marching weapon, mid range good knock down power, Sling bandoleer holds 20 additional rounds. Pistol in right thigh rig, Savage MKII TR in scabborard on left side of Ruck, 5.56 in scabboard on right side of Ruck.
The BAR A GUNNER belt has 6 magazine compartments that holds 3 20 round mags a piece for a total of 18 for a total of 360 rounds. Custom fighting knife attached to shoulder strap, hymalayn farm knife on left thight sharping stones in sheath.
Ruck carries 2+ weeks of freeze dried food, 3 bic lighters, 5 emergency candels, 2 compasses, 200'+ para cord, two rolls camo duct tape, 2 military ponchos, 1 shelter half, full field medical kit, 5 pair socks, 5 pair rip stop tiger stripe shirts and pants, two miltary belts, two pair polarized sunglasses, 500 count asprin, 500 count vitaman C tabs, 50' piano wire , 100' 10LB fishing line 50 hooks small-big, weights s-b, 5' cast net, 3 shake and charge flashlights, small hand crank radio, 10oz breakfree, gun cleaning kit, 2 pair pilot/ nomex gloves, 100 S-B zip loc bags, 5lbs flour, 2lbs sugar, 2lbs salt, 1/4 lbs peper,1 lb of tea leaves, 2 LARGE BOTTLES OF TABASCO, 10 OZ honey, 50 pack McComick, gravey, stew, season packages. 5 lbs rice, 2 lbs pasta noodle, large bag of hard candy, 10oz bleach, 10 oz bottle iodine, 2 small skining knifes,2 gerber mutitools, 2 forks, 2 spoons, 1-2 quart steel pot, 1 #6 steel frying pan, 2- 1 quart water bladders, 2 hamocks, 5 sqft cheese cloth, 2 tooth bushes, 20 condoms un-lubercated. 5 spools of thread and 10 sewing needles, 20 OZ of silver, 2 boonie hats, 20 plasitc straws, Giddions Bible, 4 black sharpie markers, two fingernail clippers, collapsaed three day field pack. All this addes up to a hefty 78 pounds, but the weight will decrease as the food and ammo stock is used. I dont plan on running around with 78LBS strapped to my back everyday. I have an undisclosed base of operations in which to operate and forage from it has ground fed spring water, ample cover and good E&E routes. It is two days travel maintaining deep cover.
majority of items have been vacum sealed for shelf life and to shape them for easier packing, rice is in 10 oz one meal vacum sealed flat packs as is flour, pasta, sugar, salt, pepper,tea and other items. This alowed me to load my Ruck with flatened packages instead of bulky packages, bic lighters, asprin, vitaman c, straws, ziplock bags, and markers are all also vacume sealed. Vacume sealing created more room and a better packed ruck.

Majority of left behind "heavy weapons" could be stashed for retreival at a later date and could also includes ammo/food resupply stashes. most people will be going for the deep woods! Myself, I will be heading for the coast where ther are more availble food sources + ease of travel using a small boat.

Back
Top Bottom