• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My Compliments to the Holly Springs P.D.

kuduboss

Army Icon
Frontiersman
74   0
Reaction score
I got center-punched today on Holly springs Pkwy! Some guy ran a light and got me right in the drivers door. I'm fine but both cars are totaled. I was in a 2005 Ford Exploder and the old girl takes a pretty good lick. His Toyota folded up as advertised and we both walked away.
Holly Springs P.D. were called and 2 cars showed up in good time. I thought that the first LEO was checking me out so I volunteered that I was a concealed carrier and I was armed. Without hesitating a second, he told me it wasn't a problem and the second officer said that he personally wished more people would consider it. They were professional and informative for someone who has never been in this kind of situation. I've driven for over 50 years and managed to avoid a lot of "near misses".
One recommendation to any one eligible for USAA insurance. Get it. They're excellent.

I had a similar experience with Aragon PD when I was rear ended. Guy kept going on that if the ambulance had moved out of his way (ambulance was coming from the other direction lights on and horn blazing, I slowed and pulled over, guy ran into my ass end trying to get between ambulance and I, he almost head on'd the ambulance) I was a little sore and the beaver tail on my 1911 was cutting into my side (I normally carried my sig but it was boxed up and I was on my way to dobbs to have new sights pressed into it) showed the officer my carry licence and locked my gun in the center console of my truck. Officer thanked me for showing him my licence and for actually using it for it intended purpose and not just to make purchasing firearms easier, then asked me if the guy was going on about the ambulance before he got there.. when I said yes he commended me a third time for not shooting him :lol:

Back
Top Bottom