• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

My daughter got married today…..

Congratulations to y’all!
I remember sitting in my in-laws living room waiting for 10:10 pm when my FIL always got home from work so I could ask him and my MIL for their permission to marry their daughter. She was the 3rd of SIX daughters they had and Daddies favorite. Keep in mind I was 5’9” 140 lbs and he was 6’2” about 310 lbs. I was so freakin’ nervous it was hilarious. When he walked in the door he immediately said “He better be here to talk marriage or he’s overstayed his time.” I was supposed to have my wife home and be GONE by 9:00 on a week night. That’s an exact quote too, 43 years ago and I still remember those exact words. lol! That old geezer made me wait in there for over an hour before he came into the living room toting a shotgun. Thank God he just did that as a joke, I was already sweating bullets! I was 19 and she was 16 and we had only known each other for 6 months before we actually married but my FIL knew my family his whole life and figured I was okay because he gave us his blessing and we were married about a month & a half later in a big church wedding. My in-laws were/are awesome (FIL passed new years eve 2006) and I couldn’t have had better ones if I had hand picked em’ myself. We just celebrated 43 years the 27th of Jan. I can’t even imagine not being married I’ve been married so long. lol! So yeah, you probably got yourself a good SIL 41mag 41mag . Please tell the happy couple congrats from ol’ Tazz & Mrs. Tazz...
I miss that old dude, he was so good to me when I lost my own Dad in ‘98. He was a great man, I had as much respect for him as I did for my own Dad.

Congratulations to y’all!
I remember sitting in my in-laws living room waiting for 10:10 pm when my FIL always got home from work so I could ask him and my MIL for their permission to marry their daughter. She was the 3rd of SIX daughters they had and Daddies favorite. Keep in mind I was 5’9” 140 lbs and he was 6’2” about 310 lbs. I was so freakin’ nervous it was hilarious. When he walked in the door he immediately said “He better be here to talk marriage or he’s overstayed his time.” I was supposed to have my wife home and be GONE by 9:00 on a week night. That’s an exact quote too, 43 years ago and I still remember those exact words. lol! That old geezer made me wait in there for over an hour before he came into the living room toting a shotgun. Thank God he just did that as a joke, I was already sweating bullets! I was 19 and she was 16 and we had only known each other for 6 months before we actually married but my FIL knew my family his whole life and figured I was okay because he gave us his blessing and we were married about a month & a half later in a big church wedding. My in-laws were/are awesome (FIL passed new years eve 2006) and I couldn’t have had better ones if I had hand picked em’ myself. We just celebrated 43 years the 27th of Jan. I can’t even imagine not being married I’ve been married so long. lol! So yeah, you probably got yourself a good SIL 41mag 41mag . Please tell the happy couple congrats from ol’ Tazz & Mrs. Tazz...
I miss that old dude, he was so good to me when I lost my own Dad in ‘98. He was a great man, I had as much respect for him as I did for my own Dad.
That is so funny and dramatic at the same time ! Thanks for that telling Tazz Tazz - it is really a ‘pick me up’ !

It is funny because my wife and i spend most our time in our own ‘caves’ …. I have my gun room/den and she has her living room/she cave …..mostly because we watch different stuff on T.V. , then i tend to nap alot too, mainly because i dont sleep well at night and when i drift off i may snore or whatever…. So we have different areas…
He went into her cave first and talked to her then came and talked with me.
He asked me if i minded that they get married and wanted my blessing. I told him I did not mind one bit under a couple of circumstances. One was that if they had children, that he raise them right, with conservative values and allow them spend as much time as they want with us and that he do his best to give them what they needed, deserved and wanted within reason.
The next was that i may be old and decrepit to a degree but if he ever hurt my daughter or grandchild, mistreat her, or raise a hand to either - that they would never find the body parts. They would be spread from here to Alaska - lol.

I told my wife about it and she got this look on her face and said “i told him the same thing except i said Hawaii“.
LMAO :pound:
Thanks Tazz Tazz - much appreciated brother !

…..Thursday. They went to the courthouse and got married with no big fanfare. They say they will have a wedding and party next spring.
It has surprised me that she found someone she can put up with, lol. They have been together a few years now. He seems to be a good guy. He even asked me and the wifey if we had any objections . That is Respect !
My daughter asked us not to tell anyone until this week. I didnt find it that easy , lol. I guess i can say i am proud of her.
41, congratulations to you all. May you all have God's excellent blessings on their happy union. Happy trails and may God bless America.

…..Thursday. They went to the courthouse and got married with no big fanfare. They say they will have a wedding and party next spring.
It has surprised me that she found someone she can put up with, lol. They have been together a few years now. He seems to be a good guy. He even asked me and the wifey if we had any objections . That is Respect !
My daughter asked us not to tell anyone until this week. I didnt find it that easy , lol. I guess i can say i am proud of her.
Yes happy for all!

CONGRATS!

Well it sounds like he's decent to good. So there's that.

Back
Top Bottom