• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My daughter got married today…..

That is so funny and dramatic at the same time ! Thanks for that telling Tazz Tazz - it is really a ‘pick me up’ !

It is funny because my wife and i spend most our time in our own ‘caves’ …. I have my gun room/den and she has her living room/she cave …..mostly because we watch different stuff on T.V. , then i tend to nap alot too, mainly because i dont sleep well at night and when i drift off i may snore or whatever…. So we have different areas…
He went into her cave first and talked to her then came and talked with me.
He asked me if i minded that they get married and wanted my blessing. I told him I did not mind one bit under a couple of circumstances. One was that if they had children, that he raise them right, with conservative values and allow them spend as much time as they want with us and that he do his best to give them what they needed, deserved and wanted within reason.
The next was that i may be old and decrepit to a degree but if he ever hurt my daughter or grandchild, mistreat her, or raise a hand to either - that they would never find the body parts. They would be spread from here to Alaska - lol.

I told my wife about it and she got this look on her face and said “i told him the same thing except i said Hawaii“.
LMAO :pound:
Thanks Tazz Tazz - much appreciated brother !
I pretty much got the same speech from my FIL but he had two more things for me to agree to and that too was non-negotiable. I had to pay for my wife’s summer school because she was an honor student and was planning to graduate early and not get her pregnant till after graduation. :becky::thumb: Our first son was born almost two years later and our youngest two years & six weeks after that. They’re 39 & 41 now, youngest been married for either 8 or 9 years (I forgot) and lives in Navarre Beach Fla. Oldest not married yet but if he could find a decent woman he could put with that could put up with his old cranky ass he would love to be married.:frusty::pound:He just bought a house in LaGrange about a mile from West Point last year so now I got two good places to go fishin’. lol!

Congratulations Brother!! Lord willing we'll be celebrating 27yrs next Friday. I will be anyhow lol. We wish them a life of Joy. Holler if you ever need help with anything haha.
27 yrs is nothing to sneeze at !! Lol …..that is great !! Thank you for the well wishes and congrats ! We appreciate it.

Seriously it reads like they made a very smart move by not getting into debt having a huge over the top wedding. SO many idiots would rather show out for their "friends" at a ceremony and reception that just plain aint necessary. Me and my wife got married in the top floor probate judge's office in the Glynn Co Courthouse in 06. Cost us under $100.00 including gas. And this one has stuck as good as any fancy church wedding.

41mag 41mag I have the same trouble sleeping AND tv problems. I have a very short attention span so I like to go down the youtube rabbit hole with short videos, my wife likes the real life crime shows which I can stand one or two of em’ but after that I just can’t stomach all that evil. I think she’s secretly trying to figure out how to bump me off without getting caught. I’m just kidding.....Well, kinda. lol!

Courthouses make some of the best chapels, wifey & I got married in one and been together 38-yrs.

Congrats dad :thumb:
Yes, indeed!!
Wifey and I, one beautiful day that we were both off from work in the afternoon, we went to Cobb County Probate Court, just to check how to get the names in there, and to set a day to get married. When we talked to the Court Clerk, she said, "Guys, you can get married right now. One day of the week the Judge is here to make a wedding ceremony and blessings to all couples that got married in a week, and guess what, he is here today, and in 30 minutes you guys can have all this done." -- We look to each other, and I said, "What do you think?" - and She jumped "Let's do it!" -- "Pew, Pew" right on the bull's eye!!! Done!:becky::becky:😍🥰😍😎😎
INDEED.gif

Back
Top Bottom