• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My first Kukri

TrentA

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
39   0
Reaction score
Yesterday I took a trip to Atlanta Cutlery and went through their massive collection of Nepali imports. There were thousands of antique Martini-Henrys, muzzle loading rifles and pistols, Kukri's, swords, bayonets, even entire crates full of flints. Oh yeah they had a cannon, a Bria Gun, and magazines for Lewis guns. Needless to say it was a sensory overload.

After going through many Kukris I found one that balanced well, had a good handle and blade. It is a BhojPure Kukri and I spent some of last night and today, cleaning it up and sharpening it.

I will probably be buying more stuff from them in the future.

Before:

After:

A small section of the warehouse, and a buddy about to pass out on the cannon:

never heard of Atlanta Cutlery, but I'm darn sure going to look them up- I'd love to find a decent deal on a flint lock. And I'm always up for something with a sharp edge!

never heard of Atlanta Cutlery, but I'm darn sure going to look them up- I'd love to find a decent deal on a flint lock. And I'm always up for something with a sharp edge!
Ditto!
Thanks for posting this store.

Kukris are odd knives, but they are classics, so what are the benefits of this blade design?

Last edited:
They have some pretty cool P53 Enfields, last I heard. I believe a lot of the stuff came out of storage from a palace in Nepal or something like that.

Ditto!

Kukris are odd knives, but they are classics, so what are the benefits of this blade design?

I think it's a weight-forward thing about those blades- more blade weight to power through limbs and what not. That being said, I haven't noticed a ton of difference between the Cold Steel Kukuri machete and my plain old machetes.

[QUOE="dial1911, post: 4281780, member: 6046"]I think it's a weight-forward thing about those blades- more blade weight to power through limbs andwhat not. That being said, I haven't noticed a ton of difference between the Cold Steel Kukuri machete and my plain old machetes.[/QUOTE]

Makes sense.

BTW--- 2thumbs up for your picture of Atlanta Cutlery! My wife wants to go there instead of Ikea the next time we are in ATL.

Ditto!

Im no expert but they have a feel to me somewhere between a machete and a tomahawk, very good at chopping. lots of Youtube videos about them

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom