• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My first remington mosin nagant.. Thoughts on it.

If I can figure out how to post video in the post I will post my 12 year old shooting his.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    326.1 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Good info thanks. I feel better now. I have $85 in it as it sits. I would like to get the stock fixed and that front sight done. I've never fired one of these. How much recoil does it have? Thinking about letting my 10 yr old do some hunting with it if it doesn't kick too bad.

Feels like a 30-06 and shoots a flame about 3' in front of it.

thats a straight outta the crate, break down clean up. Yours will need a little more work and fabrication, but if you wanna go back somewhat stock it can be done.

I would just like for it to look decent. If I ever decide to sell for some reason I don't want people hating on it or having to get a stamp for it. Since there is no collector value anymore why not make it look good. I like the polished bolt on yours. I like the thought of redoing the stock. I would like to be involved in it with you. How long do you think to transform it?

I would just like for it to look decent. If I ever decide to sell for some reason I don't want people hating on it or having to get a stamp for it. Since there is no collector value anymore why not make it look good. I like the polished bolt on yours. I like the thought of redoing the stock. I would like to be involved in it with you. How long do you think to transform it?

Not terribly long. Depends on what route you go bro. Bent bolt deer rifle, couple weeks and materials. Semi-restore, week.

Back
Top Bottom