• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My first remington mosin nagant.. Thoughts on it.

You want opinions?

Its a shame someone did that to that rifle.

I suggest replacing the stock and barrel, take some time looking for the us contract parts, in the meantime buy another mosin and rob its barrel and stock. Save the original stuff for what its worth.

You want opinions?

Its a shame someone did that to that rifle.

I suggest replacing the stock and barrel, take some time looking for the us contract parts, in the meantime buy another mosin and rob its barrel and stock. Save the original stuff for what its worth.

To heck with all that noise. Can you say SBR?

4.bp.blogspot.com__RvBzIEfnCJU_SblNVoXCPFI_AAAAAAAAAv0_c4fIAoc8KIw_s400_SBR_nagant.jpg

img.photobucket.com_albums_v283_WikingSS_tacMosin_1.jpg

Or better yet, Mosin Pistol! (Although technically it would still be a SBR)

[Broken External Image]:

Remington Mosins are unique but, in the big scheme of things it's one in 17,000,000 Mosins built and few bring more than $200. Those that do have a story or a factory scope. My Finnish Capture M28 is very rare and sought after yet $250 seems to be the high water mark on it. That being said, I would shoot my Mosins against any iron sighted bolt action military or hunting rifle on the market. The Remington markings are cool and would have been worth a "Mosin Premium" of $200 +/- 10% had the stock and barrel not been altered. The fact that they were means nothing of it shoots true. Honestly, it will shoot better like that than it would with the heavy wood all the way to the front sights and will kill a deer, hog, elk, bear, wolf, coyote, human etc... @150+ yards with no problem and do so with consistency and a coolness factor unmatched by a modern hunting rifle.

Since its already Bunba'd I say leave her be and shoot the snot out of it. It's a quality gun and will outlast your grandchildren's grandchildren.

Last edited:
Remington Mosins are unique but, in the big scheme of things it's one in 17,000,000 Mosins built and few being more than $200. Those that do have a story or a factory scope. My Finnish Capture M28 is very rare and sought after yet $250 seems to be the high water mark on it. That being said, I would shoot my Mosins against any iron sighted bolt action military or hunting rifle on the market. The Remington markings are cool and would have been worth a "Mosin Premium" of $200 +/- 10% had the stock and barrel not been altered. The fact that they were means nothing of it shoots true. Honestly, it will shoot better like that than it would with the heavy wood all the way to the front sights and will kill a deer, hog, elk, bear, wolf, coyote, human etc... @150+ yards with no problem and do so with consistency and a coolness factor unmatched by a modern hunting rifle.

Since its already Bunba'd I say leave her be and shoot the snot out of it. It's a quality gun and will outlast your grandchildren's grandchildren.

Good info thanks. I feel better now. I have $85 in it as it sits. I would like to get the stock fixed and that front sight done. I've never fired one of these. How much recoil does it have? Thinking about letting my 10 yr old do some hunting with it if it doesn't kick too bad.

Back
Top Bottom