• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My new bug out/shtf vehicle.

View attachment 298423View attachment 298424My bug out, EMP shielded
28 Votk, Diesel runs on anything burnt motor oil cookibng oil, kerosene, has NV driving lights, troop seat and Rifle rack in back was Swat vehicle for North Ga Sheriff Dept.
28K miles, like new to be 28 years old.

Those CUTV/CUCV (can't remember the acronym) Chevys sure were hard to get started on the really cold Korean Winter mornings. Had a real interesting jumper cable.

I had an old Dodge pickup I drove all over the country (checking on antennas on top of water towers) like this one, but without the canvas. Ran on gas and started up every time.
dodge.jpg

I wish somebody would resurrect some of the old vehicles like the Scout, the original Bronco and the original Land Cruiser.

Last edited:
I think that's mostly if you are concerned about EMP. Other than that, just get something reliable and 4wd that's easy to find parts for it needed.

Even some of the "EMP shielded" vehicles listed here are certainly not EMP shielded.

I own four EMP "proof" vehicles. That said, the charging systems would likely fry in a direct EMP. But they could be started and ran with zero electrical. (One would need about 5 mins of wrenching to do that though) So I say "proof" very generously. I do not count my CUCV in that number at all.

In all honesty though, if there was a EMP size-able enough to harm vehicles. Transportation wouldn't be the biggest issue you face. That is, if you're still around.

Even some of the "EMP shielded" vehicles listed here are certainly not EMP shielded.

I own four EMP "proof" vehicles. That said, the charging systems would likely fry in a direct EMP. But they could be started and ran with zero electrical. (One would need about 5 mins of wrenching to do that though) So I say "proof" very generously. I do not count my CUCV in that number at all.

In all honesty though, if there was a EMP size-able enough to harm vehicles. Transportation wouldn't be the biggest issue you face. That is, if you're still around.

I agree. With an EMP that size. You'd starve or freeze to death or die from some infection that would be easily treatable if there were still factories that made antibiotics. And trucks to deliver them. And refineries to make the diesel. Etc etc

Those CUTV/CUCV (can't remember the acronym) Chevys sure were hard to get started on the really cold Korean Winter mornings. Had a real interesting jumper cable.

I had an old Dodge pickup I drove all over the country (checking on antennas on top of water towers) like this one, but without the canvas. Ran on gas and started up every time.
View attachment 298503

I wish somebody would resurrect some of the old vehicles like the Scout, the original Bronco and the original Land Cruiser.

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_07_23_ezyna5y5.jpg

I did !

Power steering. Disc brakes. 5 speed overdrive.

finding tires for 17in wheels gets expensive, I'd keep the 16's. the current brake set up on them is fine...if you really want to lift it, solid axle swap it bc it will only cost a lil more than it would for a quality lift and install. The swaps are not that hard either. Find some used 3rd members with 4.88's or 5.29's when you get above a 33 inch tire. you can find them for 300-400 each and that will save you money on regearing unless you can install gears yourself. If you're anything like me, you will always want to better the rig, so don't waste your time and money on spacers, etc...you will only want to replace them later down the road. Buy once, Cry once. I learned this the hard way....

Back
Top Bottom