• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

My prayer's have been answered

Update

I have dug a substantial amount of rot out of the sign. There was more on top than initially visible, but nothing detrimental. There is plenty of good wood and the sign is going to be just fine. However, this is going to take a while. The wood is super wet and will most likely take several months to get dry enough to do what I want to do unless I take it to a kiln. I think I have access to a kiln but I need to ask the experts what effect kiln drying a piece like this might have on it. The old fashioned, slow, air dried method may be the best thing for the wood at this stage. Just figured I would update DinkyDau DinkyDau and the rest of y’all all at the same time...to be continued.

Update

I have dug a substantial amount of rot out of the sign. There was more on top than initially visible, but nothing detrimental. There is plenty of good wood and the sign is going to be just fine. However, this is going to take a while. The wood is super wet and will most likely take several months to get dry enough to do what I want to do unless I take it to a kiln. I think I have access to a kiln but I need to ask the experts what effect kiln drying a piece like this might have on it. The old fashioned, slow, air dried method may be the best thing for the wood at this stage. Just figured I would update DinkyDau DinkyDau and the rest of y’all all at the same time...to be continued.
No problem you are the professional. Just knowing it is possible, if I can wait 8 months for class III, this will be a cake walk for me! Can't thank you enough what what you are doing!!

Update

It will be awesome getting a chance to hang it back up! I'm glad that there's still plenty enough to be saved.

Mail call
55CF43AA-7C90-41ED-A41B-8DECFE302AE2.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom