• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My Pre-Ban AK Collection... So Far

I have more but just not preban.
IMG_2623.JPG
IMG_2633.JPG

Russian Tula AKS-74u shorty with faux suppressor.
Yugo Milled M92 with extented tullip
Polytech Legend again
Bulgarian SAM7 Classic

On my non-preban side, I still have lots more to collect.

Reactions: MRH
nah, wouldnt do that. i leave a lot of auctions because of that crap. congrats pn completong that one. now for a bayonet for the M62 Would it use the Fiskars filet knife looking one?

I just watched an ebay auction for an EBO (Greece) made G3 bayonet. It was $33 with one day to go, ended up selling for $275! I needed it, but not $300 bad.

Yah, that's crazy! I like those, but a few years ago they were much more affordable.

I read a thread on akfiles on the mags and the guys that are collecting variations based on the tiny stamps on the spines are in too deep, or at least paying big money for them is too deep.

The fluer de lis mags are cool though.

I also missed on all the Yugo battlefield furniture with the cool carvings and stickers. I bought a set, but it was only well used, nothing cool on it.

Yah, that's crazy! I like those, but a few years ago they were much more affordable.

I read a thread on akfiles on the mags and the guys that are collecting variations based on the tiny stamps on the spines are in too deep, or at least paying big money for them is too deep.

The fluer de lis mags are cool though.

I also missed on all the Yugo battlefield furniture with the cool carvings and stickers. I bought a set, but it was only well used, nothing cool on it.

Haha thats me lol. I do collect mags based on the tiny stamps and origin for normal price average $10-$50 but I wouldn't pay something for something I say too crazy and not really worth it. I would get the Fleur De Lis because it is unique,people actually would buy it since it is a collectable, and there is a market for them but if you talking about a normal looking ak mag but the only difference is a number stamped on the rib to say what factory it is from and its crazy rare for $500 then hell no I would not. It just simply doesn't wow me enough to get it.

Yep, Same for the bakelites. I can see $100, or 150 for one with a rare stamp on it, or a rare configuration (ribbed or waffle).
I guess if the fluerdelis mags are just not on the market, then $500 could happen.

I mean I have HK stuff, and don't bat an eye at a $300 scope mount or an $800 PSG1 trigger group, so it's relative. HK stuff is always high.

So I take it this is just your preban collection of AK's. Do you have Romanian, Polish, East German, etc as well?

I used to hate the EG plastic furniture, and by time it started to grow on me, it was out of circulation.

Nice collection of ak's! I have yet to acquire any pre bans. I do like to buy neutered guns and hunting down the parts to return them to original configuration. Doing a Sar 3 into an Md 90 currently. X xlilvi3tx , SOLGardener SOLGardener do ya'll get into that as well?

Back
Top Bottom