• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

!@#$#! My Transfer got STOLEN by USPS!!!

The USPO has the Postal Inspection Service. https://www.uspis.gov to file a claim. That might get someone's attention.

i hardily recommend this recommendation. Surprisingly, the postal inspection service is an unusually efficient LEO organization.

I think it;s probably because they have a relatively low case load of "real crimes".

someone on FB stated they work for USPS and that USPS does NOT allow pistol transfers even FFL to FFL and that most likely, the Inspection Service confiscated it.................... I advised him that FFLs have confirmed / done FFL to FFL transfers of pistols before.... conflicting info.
B.S. My FFL does all my pistol transfers through USPS so I can save bucks.

Fact: If you want to ship something with intrinsic value (gold, guns, dope) ship it REGISTERED mail, not CERTIFIED.

REGISTERED MAIL is hand carried to it's destination, and when it is handed off, every person has to sign for it. It is the USPS premium service and it is really proud of it. The loss rate is minuscule. The postal inspectors jump on any loss of registered mail.

It is expensive, but something you should consider.

As to transfers, there are several categories of pistol transfers that can go USPS, it's right there in the Postal Mail Manual. Not a big secret,

someone on FB stated they work for USPS and that USPS does NOT allow pistol transfers even FFL to FFL and that most likely, the Inspection Service confiscated it.................... I advised him that FFLs have confirmed / done FFL to FFL transfers of pistols before.... conflicting info.

Mis-information on Facebook? Say it isn't so.

As was said earlier, anybody can USPS a long gun to a Dealer, Gunsmith, or Manufacturer. Only a Licensee can ship a handgun via USPS. The procedure is outlined USPS Publication 52, Section 43.

Finally, hope it works out, but the liability is on the shipper. Shipper may hem and haw about it, but the shipper is liable to deliver the gun to you.

He can't lay if off on insurance, or USPS, or gremlins or anything else. This was a hot issue on Ebay years ago, as seller would try to disclaim liability for shipping errors or damage.

Shipper is always liable for delivery of the goods in the described condition.

"Someone on FB" There's you're answer lol.

Ship pistols via USPS every week.

As was said earlier, anybody can USPS a long gun to a Dealer, Gunsmith, or Manufacturer. Only a Licensee can ship a handgun via USPS. The procedure is outlined USPS Publication 52, Section 43.

Thanks for quoting the "Chapter & Verse", Bruce--I was--And REMAIN--Too LAZY to look it up--LOL!

If it has Signature on Delivery, that's illegal. I've had the same thing happen multiple times. Last time a package of ammo was marked delivered but no delivery. So I called their office, asked where my package is and asked who the **** signed for it? They tried to lie and say someone at my residence did, but they couldn't read the signature.

So I went to their office. I told them I live alone and demanded they show me the signature. There was no signature. So I called the police and made the USPS manager make the driver return to work after she was off. I asked what time was it delivered? I pulled up my cameras and showed them no delivery was made at all on my street that day. They had zero proof it was delivered and ended up having to refund me.

3 weeks later, police caught the thief. They served a warrant on her house and found multiple stolen boxes. Took her *** to jail.
Most excellent!

Licensed dealers can use USPS. I do it all the time.

Anyone can also ship a long gun via USPS individual to individual as long as they both reside in the same state.

Back
Top Bottom