!@#$#! My Transfer got STOLEN by USPS!!!

I guess I was under the mistaken impression that you could not ship guns via USPS, that you had to use UPS or FEDEX like I have done in the past. One of my officers sent his duty weapon to Glock back in the late 90's via UPS. The box arrived at Glock void of the pistol. UPS and BATF discovered the employee stealing the guns on the way to Glock. Imagine that employee theft.
Licensed dealers can use USPS. I do it all the time.

Moral of the story, **** happens. Pay with a CC and insure your shipments and it's not a big deal. Been buying, selling, and trading firearms via USPS, UPS, and FedEx every week for the past 6 years. Never an issue, shipping guns isn't the boogie man some of you boomers and neckbeards make it out to be.
Still sucks if you buy a hard to find gun or get good deal online only to get it stolen. Yeah you get your money back, but you don't get your gun.

my FFL just received an empty pistol case......... they've contacted ATF. It was supposed to arrive 2 days ago, went into "arriving late state". I opened a tracking inquiry yesterday. It was delivered today. FFL stated they will call the other FFL. need some advice here.... do I just wait?
Contact the person you bought it from and they should either refund your money or send another pistol. They had a contract with USPS to deliver the gun, you didn't. Your dealer contacted the ATF that is pretty much all that needs to be done. ATF likely advised your dealer to contact local Sheriff or PD. Gun was never in your possession so not up to you to report anything.

Moral of the story, **** happens. Pay with a CC and insure your shipments and it's not a big deal. Been buying, selling, and trading firearms via USPS, UPS, and FedEx every week for the past 6 years. Never an issue, shipping guns isn't the boogie man some of you boomers and neckbeards make it out to be.
Don’t shame my beard it keeps my chins warm

1643996217795.jpeg

Still sucks if you buy a hard to find gun or get good deal online only to get it stolen. Yeah you get your money back, but you don't get your gun.
It does suck. And if that really good rare gun is local, sure it's better to go grab it. But instances like this are pretty rare when you consider the millions of guns shipped every week. Like I said, in 6 years I've never had one not show up. Im sure eventually it'll happen but that's what insurance and CC protection are for.

Tell ya what happened to me several years back. Gun broker purchase being shipped to Autrey's in Fayetteville. Went out for delivery one day and then just disappeared. It was insured and the seller filed a claim. For the heck of it I stopped in the local post office that had handled it a couple weeks later and told them what happened. They invited me to look in their lost and found room. I spotted it from the door before even walking in the room. Sort of easy to spot a S&W presentation case on the shelve with the wrapping gone. Happy ending!

**** does happen.

It's not always nefarious. I imagine in a situation like this some how the shipping label/ packaging was damaged or failed.

someone on FB stated they work for USPS and that USPS does NOT allow pistol transfers even FFL to FFL and that most likely, the Inspection Service confiscated it.................... I advised him that FFLs have confirmed / done FFL to FFL transfers of pistols before.... conflicting info.

Back
Top Bottom