• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NASCAR 2017

Wow.....alot to digest.

They really need to go back to racing the cars off the dealer lot with a few mods. Screw all the points that they have invented in the last 20 yrs and go back to what worked.

They need a way to fill the stands again and i just dont see this doing it.
I agree ( would like to see them go back drive off the lot make race car out of them)looks like Chase Elliot got luck like his daddy, but I blame his spotter and himself he should know at the end someone was going make a move he let them get to close on his bumper.

Remember when NASCAR did not have cars that all look the same? Remember when every NASCAR driver actually raced against everyone on the track? Remember when drivers did not block other drivers just to have their team mate win? Remember when NASCAR was NOT a team sport? If you can, then you know that NASCAR died a long time ago, and the statistics prove it. I don't watch what NASCAR calls "racing" anymore. It is more like Pro Wrestling. The team winner is determined long before the race starts. Of course that is my opinion.

I don't think it is rigged.

But I do think there is a hell of a lot of "help" for certain drivers.

All the cautions for imaginary debris make me nuts. (If you ever watch live lap times, you can see that certain car setups are very fast for 5 laps or less before they top out and others take 3 to 5 laps to reach top speed. Brian France is looking at that-and he throws cautions specifically to screw certain drivers. At that level, all drivers are pretty much the same-it's all about setup.)

I also HATE the way the rules are applied. Mr Brian will suspend or heavily fine a driver he doesn't like-and totally let another off scot-free for exactly the same violation.

Brian is 100% responsible for all this-and he is not smart enough to understand that we see it too. He is a complete moron.

Remember when NASCAR did not have cars that all look the same? Remember when every NASCAR driver actually raced against everyone on the track? Remember when drivers did not block other drivers just to have their team mate win? Remember when NASCAR was NOT a team sport? If you can, then you know that NASCAR died a long time ago, and the statistics prove it. I don't watch what NASCAR calls "racing" anymore. It is more like Pro Wrestling. The team winner is determined long before the race starts. Of course that is my opinion.

NASCAR definitely isn't the sport i grew up watching. NASCAR started going downhill when they mandated " restrictor plate" plate racing. The restrictor plate accomplished slowing down the cars but increased the number of wreck's. I remember when Neil bonnet was killed at Talladega I believe that was the start of NASCAR messing with the engines. But up until the early nineties the car's were close to the actual off the showroom floor cars. Nowadays the only difference between the manufacturers cars is the headlight and taillight placement. I miss the 80s and 90s NASCAR racing. The drivers were a different breed than what's driving the racecars now. I guess you can say when men were men!

The last few years I have watched the second half of Daytona then a little of the next 2 or 3 races, then I just lose interest. It gets worse every year and I probably won't watch next week.

At the level of money NASCAR makes (which is still significant-but declining rapidly,) France could go out and buy some managers who had a clue.

I get the feeling he thinks he knows everything, and he is gonna throw random stuff at the wall until something sticks (and nothing will-because he doesn't understand the fan base.)

He is such an idiot. I don't think he has a degree-but that doesn't matter. He clearly lacks the business sense to do what he is trying to do-but he sure doesn't lack the money to hire someone who would actually do a great job.

I like watching some of the old races from back in the day. Watching drivers wrestle big ass cars with 427s all over the track is something else. I maintain that those old boats required a lot more skill to get around the track. My grandmother had a huge bonneville-and that damn thing was a whale. So big and heavy that driving it was almost comical.

Reactions: JWC