• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NASCAR 2017

Nascar, Once a Cultural Icon, Hits the Skids
Stock-car racing’s popularity declines amid ‘economics and demographics’

https://www.wsj.com/articles/long-in-victory-lane-nascar-hits-the-skids-1487686349

upload_2017-2-26_16-30-1.png

I heard attendance has dropped over 45% in the last ten years.

Brian France needs to hire someone who has some damn sense to run things. He is worse than incompetent, he is destructive.

If he would stop screwing the traditional base in every way imaginable, the sport might have a chance.

And the rule changes are just pointless. I used to know the rules, and now I don't care. I'm not at all interested in learning 58 new rules each season.

Soon as the TV contract runs out, the sport will die. It's definitely dying.

Every year the changes get more complex.
I quit trying to understand them several years ago.

Used upon a time, I never missed a race (TV or radio).
Now my interest has dwindled, basically due to the ever escalating complex scoring system and rules :(

Every year the changes get more complex.
I quit trying to understand them several years ago.

Used upon a time, I never missed a race (TV or radio).
Now my interest has dwindled, basically due to the ever escalating complex scoring system and rules :(

I think Brian France loves to screw around with the rules to try and throw the advantage to Hendrick (especially jimmy johnson.).

The rules are wildly different from year to year. Just way too much. People don't care enough for all that silliness.

He also thinks he is being slick by throwing a caution for some (invisible) debris that no one else sees. That turd is really wrecking the sport. I hate mystery cautions more than all that other stuff combined.