• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

National signing day...

So you compared Richt to some of the greatest of all time?
The computer generated who he should be compared to, I didnt select them myself. I feel honored though that you consider tressell and hayes some of the best of all time, but if you consider some of them the greatest of all time that is almost silly. Holtz was good not same great, same could be said for the Vest(tressel). Crisler is not one of the greatest, Bowden, Hayes, Spurrier and Brown could all be in the running for it. I left the names off who need some more years to catch them Miles, Saban and Meyer. Cooper being an OSU Fan I can honestly say he isn't even close to the greatest.

The computer generated who he should be compared to, I didnt select them myself. I feel honored though that you consider tressell and hayes some of the best of all time, but if you consider some of them the greatest of all time that is almost silly. Holtz was good not same great, same could be said for the Vest(tressel). Crisler is not one of the greatest, Bowden, Hayes, Spurrier and Brown could all be in the running for it. I left the names off who need some more years to catch them Miles, Saban and Meyer. Cooper being an OSU Fan I can honestly say he isn't even close to the greatest.

Yeah, I wasn't really trying to be argumentative. The list the computer compared them to are well known coaches (ok, not all "greats") so the comparison pool is pretty skilled. I'm not doubting that he would fall behind the average record of those guys, but it's hard to remember a season when UGA didn't win at least 9 or 10 games under Richt. That's not mediocre.

Yeah, I wasn't really trying to be argumentative. The list the computer compared them to are well known coaches (ok, not all "greats") so the comparison pool is pretty skilled. I'm not doubting that he would fall behind the average record of those guys, but it's hard to remember a season when UGA didn't win at least 9 or 10 games under Richt. That's not mediocre.
It's mediocre IF he should have been winning 11. Those last couple of games, as we all know, separate the big boys from the also rans. UGA fans 'should' be tired of being an also ran given the talent they recruit. The question isn't if Richt is good. He is. It's if he's good enough for where the program SHOULD be.

So what you're saying is Tech's Paul Johnson is doing a better job because he's higher ranked with much, much less talent? :pop2:

It's mediocre IF he should have been winning 11. Those last couple of games, as we all know, separate the big boys from the also rans. UGA fans 'should' be tired of being an also ran given the talent they recruit. The question isn't if Richt is good. He is. It's if he's good enough for where the program SHOULD be.

Back
Top Bottom