• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

National signing day...

They certainly get biggest under performer based on recruiting class for a few years running. But you'd thnk UGA would have accidentally gotten a national championship by now under Richt with some of the classes they've had.
I do believe Richt's time at UGA is up. He has had about 5 or 6 National Championship caliber teams, they just have not pushed through. That goes back to coaching. Great Coach, he just needs some new scenery

I do believe Richt's time at UGA is up. He has had about 5 or 6 National Championship caliber teams, they just have not pushed through. That goes back to coaching. Great Coach, he just needs some new scenery

Well, they just gave him an $800k a year raise, so he's not going anywhere. I somewhat share your sentiments in that coaches like Saban seem to get a lot more out of their players.

Well, they just gave him an $800k a year raise, so he's not going anywhere. I somewhat share your sentiments in that coaches like Saban seem to get a lot more out of their players.

Yes all UGA fans have had high expectations which lead to disappointment since only one team gets to be the champ. But 95% of the schools in the country would be glad to have the success that Richt's Dawgs have had in the last 13 years...

Yes all UGA fans have had high expectations which lead to disappointment since only one team gets to be the champ. But 95% of the schools in the country would be glad to have the success that Richt's Dawgs have had in the last 13 years...
Well let's see. Since 2001 (when he started) there have been 9 different national champions (none Georgia of course). There are 128 D1 programs. 5% of that is 6 (rounded) meaning for 95% to envy him there should only be 6 different national champions, so, no, there are at least 9 and obviously more given the programs that have a higher average finishing record than UGA over that same time frame but no national championship, that are quite content to NOT have the same 'success' as UGA. I'm sorry, I'm a finance major and live in numbers.... it's what we do. ;)
Just messing with you. If Richt was good a coach as he is a man, UGA would have a NC trophy or three in Athens. Richt is a great man. If my son played D1 ball I'd want Mark to be his coach. If I was the AD at a major D1 program I would want someone else.

Reactions: WWG
Career Record: 14 Years, 136-48, .739 Pct

That's great in any conference, I think he even has a winning bowl record like 9-5 or something close to it. So all around it's pretty good and similar to some of the big names in College Football. I just don't think he has what it takes to win it all. This year though could be way different, he went out and got a big name coordinator!

Yeah-haters-gonna-hate_large.jpg
Not sure what TN pays their players but it must be a LOT!

Back
Top Bottom